Trailer Valet -trailer dolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Valet -trailer dolly

Was cruising the internet and came across this https://trailervalet.com/xl/. Anyone have any experience with it? Thought it would be useful for moving my G around.

Thanks

2002 SANTE

Originally posted by mnovstel
    Was cruising the internet and came across this https://trailervalet.com/xl/. Anyone have any experience with it? Thought it would be useful for moving my G around.

Thanks
    Looks pretty interesting. Hopefully someone has one or will pick one up and give us a quick review. I could see leveraging this for the last few feet of getting the boat in our right garage.

Comment

Ha, flashbacks... We used one all last summer to move our G23 in and out of the storage garage. We had to temporarily take a space that did not have enough clearance to easily get in and out of all hitched up.

It did save us, but it was not what I would call a great experience. We made it work, but it was somewhat painful way to start the day, and the person operating the unit can take a bit of a beating. Had we had any other option we probably would not have used it. We only had to move the boat out of the garage and get it turning, and then could hook the truck up. As with anything, you get better the more you use it and figure out its weaknesses.

It is heavy, and there is some messing around every time you hook up, as you have to tighten a collar once hitched. If you are moving on smooth and perfectly flat ground, without having to make sharp turns, it works OK. Any slope or bump (even a slight step up onto a cement pad) presents problems with traction and momentum.
      Last edited by blueroom; 04-01-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blueroom
        Ha, flashbacks... We used one all last summer to move our G23 in and out of the storage garage. We had to temporarily take a space that did not have enough clearance to easily get in and out of all hitched up.

It did save us, but it was not what I would call a great experience. We made it work, but it was somewhat painful way to start the day, and the person operating the unit can take a bit of a beating. Had we had any other option we probably would not have used it. We only had to move the boat out of the garage and get it turning, and then could hook the truck up. As with anything, you get better the more you use it and figure out its weaknesses.

It is heavy, and there is some messing around every time you hook up, as you have to tighten a collar once hitched. If you are moving on smooth and perfectly flat ground, without having to make sharp turns, it works OK. Any slope or bump (even a slight step up onto a cement pad) presents problems with traction and momentum.
        I think I fully understand what you mean. Turning the nearly 8000lbs or getting over the lip of the garage takes a tremendous amount of energy and having that come from two wheels on the tongue of the trailer from a dead stop is probably not realistic. 4 friends and a cooler of beer might be the best investment. (Serving the beers after the boat is in the garage)

Comment

Originally posted by blueroom View Post

Thanks for the feed back. Maybe it’s not as great as I thought it might be.

2002 SANTE

Comment

I have one. It really is a pain to use. It does not like any slope at all. It occasionally kicks back when using the power drill as per the instructions. I have it try and pull out of the ball mount when going up my slight incline. I would not recommend to anyone. I have given up ever using mine again. I have heard the parkit360 from a Canadian company works very well. A friend uses it to move their camping trailer but I have not used it on my boat.

Comment

I've used a manual version on my previous Sport Nautique. The Sport is significantly lighter, but I could move it by myself (with or without the dolly). I would think that 2-3 people could move the boat.

https://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb...lly-60533.html
              Last edited by mf01; 05-08-2018, 02:10 PM.
              Previous:
              2011 Super Air Nautique 210
              1994 Sport Nautique

Comment

I’ve been looking into this as well as I want to pull my G into the garage frontwards. Problem is that my driveway has a slope to it. I found a unit that can do up to 6% but requires significant tongue weight and apparently the triple axle trailer doesn’t offer a lot of tongue weight. So anyway, will see likely I won’t bother. The heavy duty Parkit360 was the one I was considering:

https://parkit360.ca/collections/force-10k

Comment

Just an update... I talked to a buddy who just bought a 2018 G23 (beautiful boat) and he has the 10k parkit360 and he said he would go with the 15k version next time as the one he has even struggles a bit on the flat (partly due to the triple axel trailers being so well balanced and not having a lot of tongue weight).

Comment

I have one of these http://kaadengineering.com/powermover/ It works well and lets me jockey my GS20 around in the garage with ease.

Comment

Working...
                    X