Backing a trailer up a hill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backing a trailer up a hill?

I'm looking at possibly buying a lake house. The house has a nice concrete driveway that I would want to add a boat garage to. The problem is that the driveway is up hill enough that I'm sure the prop guard would hit the concrete when backing up the drive. The only solution that I've come up with is a drop hitch on my truck to provide more ground clearance for the prop guard. I'm not sure this will create enough clearance though.

Has anyone come up with any other solutions to this problem?
    2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Yep...I use one of these: https://parkit360.ca/collections/tra...-capacity-base

it's a battery powered trailer dolly, has brake actuator for trailer, and you can "pull" or "push" your boat up the hill and move it around very easily.

Comment

Thanks. That looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure it would create the prop guard ground clearance that I would need.

Comment

Put some rollers under the prop guard. Tried and true.

Comment

Originally posted by madcityskier View Post
          Put some rollers under the prop guard. Tried and true.
          What rollers do you or others suggest? My Boatmate trailer has rollers, but they aren't very good. All they are is a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" pipe that is mounted horizontally under the prop guard. They roll but don't have bearings and I imagine that they would wear out quickly if they hit concrete repeatedly.

Comment

You could always make a "ramp" to put at the base of the driveway. Think bridge 4 feet of road and driveway...
            2001 Super Sport - GT40 1986 SN2001 - 351 1973 Cobalt - 188/888 2014 F150 Screw 3.5 twin turbo 2011 Expy 2002 F150 SCrew 2001 F150 SCrew 1973 K5 (toy) 1995 Burb 3/4 454 1991 K5 Blazer (DD/Toy) 1987 Honda Accord 1978 Ford F100 1981 Merc Capri 1991 Honda Civic 2002 Ninja 500R sold...

Comment

Originally posted by Evening Shade View Post

What rollers do you or others suggest? My Boatmate trailer has rollers, but they aren't very good. All they are is a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" pipe that is mounted horizontally under the prop guard. They roll but don't have bearings and I imagine that they would wear out quickly if they hit concrete repeatedly.
              Haven't been on in a while, sorry just saw this. These are pretty easy to weld to bottom of guard, don't hang to low to interfere unless it's going to drag.
              http://www.adventurerv.net/ultra-fab...source=Froogle

​​​​​lots of other customizations out there

Comment

Working...
              X