Upgrading interior speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading interior speakers

My 220 still has the factory polks, some look good but a couple of them the cones are pushed in etc. I figure since I have put so much into the boat I might as well upgrade the interior speakers as well. I added a set of Kicker KMTC 8 tower speakers last summer, they sound good but Im not really crazy about the grill design for inside the boat, so I have been looking at other options. The JL m6 are my favorite, but more than I want to spend since I need three pairs. Next in line for me would be the wet sounds rev 6 with the classic grill in black, also high at 350 a pair, but i have a licensed dealer that said he could get me 15% off, or I could get the same speakers refurbed from wet sounds for around 200 a pair. I guess what Im getting at here, is are the revo 6s worth the premium price? I honestly like the look of the Clarion CMSP-651 speakers but on paper it doesnt look like they can handle much power. Any input would be appreciated, as well as photos of installed speakers in my generation boat. Thanks!
    Last edited by TexasTom; 04-01-2021, 05:59 PM.

I have revo 6’s in mine and I love them. Contact James at Creative Audio. He will hook you up.

Comment

Small world haha, hes the one that offered the discount

Comment

What grills do you have?

Comment

I honestly like the look of the Clarion CMSP-651 speakers but on paper it doesnt look like they can handle much power
          So what kind of wattage are you planning to feed the speakers, that this is an issue?

Yes, the Revo-6 is an expensive pair of speakers, but they are premium in every aspect. 1" dome tweeter, 2nd order cross-over, RGB LEDs included. weather-pac type sealed connectors for the speaker and RGB leads. 8 grill styles to choose from. So if you are wanting a high power handling (because you are going to feed it a tone of power) and high performance speaker, the revo-6 is your speaker. If you want a well built marine speaker thats sounds good, but at a more budget friendly price, then consider the recon-6. Comes in the same silver iron cross grill style, which I think is what you refer to as classic.

Comment

The RMS on the clarions is 50 watts, I think the factory MOMOs from 06 were 80. I like to listen to my music loud, and for it to still be clear and true. Im not an audio expert by any means, so this could be less of an issue than I feel like it is. The classic grill grill is this one, really leaning towards the factory referb for 209 a pair.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TexasTom; 04-01-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

The RMS on the clarions is 50 watts, I think the factory MOMOs from 06 were 80. I like to listen to my music loud, and for it to still be clear and true.
              The manufactures speaker wattage "rating" has zero to do with being clear and true. A higher "RMS" rating does not me a speaker will somehow perform better then a lower RMS rated speaker when connected to the same amp wattage. This is why I asked what amp wattage you will be feeding each speaker.

Comment

I not positive what the current amp the inside speakers are hooked up to is pushing. it looks like an older model JL audio, pretty large amp (in appearance) but i dont see any info on it, I’m going to try and find a model number on it when I go to the marina tomorrow. The other amp thats hooked up to the tower speakers is a basic looking Jensen, i dont believe its marine grade, ill most likely replace that one, i have a buzz in my tower speakers. if I cant track it down to an RCA cable I would assume its an issue with the amp.

Comment

This is what mine look like.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	01c49d49af9f9a0b54703a8391e9abf8bb8468d690.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	633973

Comment

Went with the Revo 6 with the grill I posted earlier in the feed. Should be here this weekend! Excited to get them put in, will update post with photos after install as I had a hard time finding any installed photos with my grill selection when I was looking.

Comment

Theyre here! I finally made it put to the marina to see what amp was going to be pushing these, its a JL M6450, 45 watts rms at 4 ohms, 6 channels. Dont really want to fork out any more more for an amp upgrade at the moment, hopefully this one will do the trick, at least for now.
                      Last edited by TexasTom; 04-10-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Photos
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X