Swap 7.7 for 8.8 W/down lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap 7.7 for 8.8 W/down lighting

Hello! I just purchased my first Nautique a few months ago (2019 GS24). I currently have the upgraded JL stereo with the smaller 7.7s. I see some people sell their 8.8s with down lighting to "upgrade" to Wetsounds. They are selling their 8.8s for around 1k. Can I plug and play these into where my 7.7s are? I have the dealer code for the downlighting, but curious if the wiring, mounts, and amp will be good to go? Even though my 7.7s are good enough for me, I justify by saying its only $500 for the larger speakers, and $500 for the downlighting. haha
    Thanks for your input!

Cross over settings on the amplifier need to be lowered to get the true perfomance benefit of stepping up to the 8.8s. but if you tower is not prewired for downlighting then it will not be plug and play.

You do know that JL offers downlighting for the 770s too, right? $180 per pair. SKU # 91245

Comment

Justin Rick where do you see people selling their 8.8s? My boat came with one pair, but is pre-wired and want to add another 2. I can't seem to find any but think i may be looking in the wrong places - any help is appreciated.

- TIA

Comment

Working...
      X