X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingranchin06
    replied
    Originally posted by Blamey View Post
    You want to run 4 wires to the tower (2 per speakers). You can buy wire harnesses online to make you life a little easier.

Also, you may want to add wires for lighting if this is something you may add.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Ok awesome. Yea I have the wetsound 6 conductor speaker rgb wire running everything. What kind of connectors are you taliiing about. Right now I have the wires going up the back part of the tower so I can’t fold the tower down. Was going to rewire up front leg but if I can get a ply for the back I would be fine with that

Leave a comment:

• Blamey
    replied
    Originally posted by kingranchin06 View Post

Yes the port are the same ones on channel one , is it parallel if the speakers are not connected at all and just running to the same channel? How would I need to run the rev 8 I�m wanting to connect them in the tower and only have one wire to drill from the front leg to the top portion of my flight control tower 2. I appreciate your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You want to run 4 wires to the tower (2 per speakers). You can buy wire harnesses online to make you life a little easier.

Also, you may want to add wires for lighting if this is something you may add.

Leave a comment:

• Blamey
    replied
    Here is an article on speaker wiring with a good image of wiring two speakers in parrellel. It is as you described above.

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/tech-...ing-and-wiring

I would connect the revs each to their own single channel. They will be a little underpowered (175watts when they could take 200watts) but that won't be a very noticeable difference. Just don't run the amp to the point where it starts to clip as this will damage the speakers.

Here is an article which explains the relationship between watts and db, basically you won't be able to hear a diff between 175 and 200 watts.

https://www.lifewire.com/loudness-and-amp-power-313508

So the bow speakers will be on 2 channels (one channel per speaker).

The cabin speakers will be on two channels (2 speakers per channel).

And the tower speakers are on two channels.

Just make sure all the speakers a properly wired for stereo (left speaks all play the left channel and right speakers play the right channel ) and that everything is in the correct phase(- on the amp is connected to the - on the speaker and Visa versa for the +)

Leave a comment:

• kingranchin06
    replied
    Which two speakers?

This is fine if you have the the two port speakers linked and the two starboard speakers (this way you get stereo).

This is called running the speaker in parrellel and you'll have the ohms and be running the two speakers at 2ohms and splitting the Watts.

Yes the port are the same ones on channel one , is it parallel if the speakers are not connected at all and just running to the same channel? How would I need to run the rev 8 I’m wanting to connect them in the tower and only have one wire to drill from the front leg to the top portion of my flight control tower 2. I appreciate your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Blamey
    replied
    Originally posted by kingranchin06 View Post

Yes as of right now every speaker has its own speaker wire coming from it running back to the amp. And I have two of the positives on channel one and the same two speakers negatives on channel one.
    Which two speakers?

This is fine if you have the the two port speakers linked and the two starboard speakers (this way you get stereo).

This is called running the speaker in parrellel and you'll have the ohms and be running the two speakers at 2ohms and splitting the Watts.

Leave a comment:

• kingranchin06
    replied
    I'm confused. How to you have the 650s hooked up?

Each channel can drive one speaker or two speakers in parrellel. If you have to speakers to each channel, that's fine for power but you will only have mono sounds as you loose stereo.

If you have a pair in the bow and then 2 pairs in the cabin, like I have in my 230. I would use two channels (1&2 for the bow) 4ohms @185. Then I would run the cabin speakers as the two left speaker off channel 3 connected in parrellel (2ohms @ 290 W) and then the same for the starboard speakers off channel 4.

Then run the towers off 5 and 6. 4ohms @ 185.

The issue here is the bow and cabin speakers are over powered and the towers are under powered but it's the best I can come up with without adding an amp. There isn't really anything wrong with over powering the in boats just make sure you don't push them too hard. Also 185w should be fine for the towers unless you need to play them at their Max.

Maybe someone else can think of a better option or can offer more details on what they think the revs need.

If you did need more power to the Rev10s, then I would probably look at putting the bow speakers on a 2 channel amp and bridging the revs so each speaker ran off two channels.

Yes as of right now every speaker has its own speaker wire coming from it running back to the amp. And I have two of the positives on channel one and the same two speakers negatives on channel one.

Leave a comment:

• Blamey
    replied
    I'm confused. How to you have the 650s hooked up?

Each channel can drive one speaker or two speakers in parrellel. If you have to speakers to each channel, that's fine for power but you will only have mono sounds as you loose stereo.

If you have a pair in the bow and then 2 pairs in the cabin, like I have in my 230. I would use two channels (1&2 for the bow) 4ohms @185. Then I would run the cabin speakers as the two left speaker off channel 3 connected in parrellel (2ohms @ 290 W) and then the same for the starboard speakers off channel 4.

Then run the towers off 5 and 6. 4ohms @ 185.

The issue here is the bow and cabin speakers are over powered and the towers are under powered but it's the best I can come up with without adding an amp. There isn't really anything wrong with over powering the in boats just make sure you don't push them too hard. Also 185w should be fine for the towers unless you need to play them at their Max.

Maybe someone else can think of a better option or can offer more details on what they think the revs need.

If you did need more power to the Rev10s, then I would probably look at putting the bow speakers on a 2 channel amp and bridging the revs so each speaker ran off two channels.

Leave a comment:

• kingranchin06
    started a topic Wiring my wetsounds help!

Wiring my wetsounds help!

Alright I need help with wiring all of my audio stuff the most efficient way
    3 pair of Wetsound xs-650
    1 pair of wetsound rev 8
    sinister sd6 amp
    if someone that is good with audio chime in and help me. The way I have it done right now is
    1 pair of speakers on channel 1
    1 pair of speakers on channel 2
    1 pair of speakers on channel 3
    channel 4 has nothing
    channel 5 has 1 rev 8
    channel 6 has 1 rev 8

rev 8 are 200watts rms 400peak
    amp is 6 x185watts at 4 ohm 6x290watts at 2ohm
    wetsounds xs650 are 100 rms 200 peak 4ohm
Working...
X