Tower speaker questions for new SAN 210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower speaker questions for new SAN 210

Looking for opinions on tower speakers. I've been to a couple different local retailers and one really likes Kicker, another really likes Rockford Fosgate. I've seen some posts that Wet Sounds Rev 8 or 10's are very popular. Which leads me to a couple questions. Should I just stay with the JL Audio tower speakers since I have JL Audio in the rest of the boat or go with what's best for towers. What towers are the best in your opinions? I just found a set of used Rev 10's on CL for $800. Is there enough clearance when mounting the Rev 10's under the tower for taller people? Sorry this post is all over the place, just unsure of what to do.

First, you need to decide on what your tower speaker goal is. Surf/party cove or wake range or best of both? Then you can start to narrow down the type/size/quantity of speaker that will meet those goals.

Comment

We will surf 80% of the time with 15% of the remainder being pulling tubes for the kids. We may pull the occasional wake boarder or skier. I know I will only want 1 pair. I don’t want to be the loudest boat on the water, I value clarity and the people in the boat not being blasted out by the towers while the surfer can enjoy good sound.

Comment

Found a used set of Rev 10's for $800 on CL. Should I pull the trigger on these? Just worried about head room. Also, wondering how difficult it is to run the tower speaker wires since I did not order the speaker prep kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfan219 View Post
          Found a used set of Rev 10's for $800 on CL. Should I pull the trigger on these? Just worried about head room. Also, wondering how difficult it is to run the tower speaker wires since I did not order the speaker prep kit.
          More importantly than sound quality, you need to consider whether you can rotate your vertical strapless board rack with boards on them to the "in-boat" postion with these speakers in place . May or may not be an issue if you are not planning on using vertical designed strapless board racks.
          Last edited by GMLIII; 01-29-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I’ve been rocking REV10’s for 13 years now. No one ever complains about the sound after buying REV10’s. I get a kick hearing people trying to push other tower speakers. Especially when they talk about the close-in sound quality of non-HLCD speakers. That may apply if you’re listening in your garage with the door shut, but once you’re in open air, start the engine and put it in gear, most other brands and all other non-HLCD tower speakers go to the distant back of the line.

Comment

Working...
            X