Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 SAN 210 with Tower Speaker Prep Kit - Speaker Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 SAN 210 with Tower Speaker Prep Kit - Speaker Options?

So I'm looking at a new 2018 SAN 210 that has the tower speaker prep kit option meaning it should be wired and supplied with an amp to take a pair of tower speakers. The speaker options from the dealership are JL 7.7's and JL 8.8's and they are quite expensive. Does anyone know if there are other options available like Exile or Wetsounds that are equal in performance for less cost? Do they simply plug in to the tower like the JL's are supposed to? Does anyone know the performance of the OEM supplied JL amp?

Click image for larger version

Name:	igYXFdQQTImaY2DU4Y5FgQ.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	565560

We have a 2018 230 that we ordered with the prep kit and installed our Wet sounds Rev 10 speakers. They sound great . The boat has zone control so you can control the tower
    speakers separately from the in boat speakers. The only draw back using the rev 10 is that they will not fit in the inner most position on the tower and had to be mounted were the
    bimini goes. So the suggestion would be to use Rev 8 with tower clamps. Or just buy JL speakers on line .

Comment

Originally posted by kdonzi123 View Post
      We have a 2018 230 that we ordered with the prep kit and installed our Wet sounds Rev 10 speakers. They sound great . The boat has zone control so you can control the tower
      speakers separately from the in boat speakers. The only draw back using the rev 10 is that they will not fit in the inner most position on the tower and had to be mounted were the
      bimini goes. So the suggestion would be to use Rev 8 with tower clamps. Or just buy JL speakers on line .
      Very helpful - thank you. Any one have suggestions for deals on JL by the way?

Comment

We have a 2018 210 with Rev 10’s in the tower. I would order with no prep kit and use a better amp. The amp provided will not power a set of Rev’s adequately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to add, we were tied up with a friend who has a 2018 with four JL 8.8’s and the sound difference is not even comparable. One set of Rev 10’s all day long over the 8.8’s. He left very disappointed he did not take my advice and order his the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by cedarcreek216 View Post
            Forgot to add, we were tied up with a friend who has a 2018 with four JL 8.8’s and the sound difference is not even comparable. One set of Rev 10’s all day long over the 8.8’s. He left very disappointed he did not take my advice and order his the same way.

Thanks for this - I had wet sounds PRO 60's on my last boat with a cheap Jensen amp and it still sounded better than many other setups. Rev 10's with an appropriate amp must sound amazing. Any suggestions for finding Rev 10's at a competitive price?

Comment

Not sure they are ever discounted. I think they keep a pretty tight reign on their distribution network to ensure price consistency. Honestly though, they were less than the JL’s from the factory, but still not cheap.

Comment

Long time to wait but I think Wetsounds usually run a sale around Black Friday IIRC

Comment

Working...
                X