Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G23 with 4 REV 10s Pics and info?

Hey Guys,
    I am planning to mount 4 Rev 10s on my G23 and I want to use the outer stock mount area for the inner speakers and the outer tube with swivel mounts for the other pair. Can anyone post pics of the setup and I would really appreciate any intel on issues you encountered, if any...
    Thanks you guys and this site are awesome!!!
    Last edited by Ditch; 04-29-2018, 06:45 AM. Reason: No response

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171026_141049.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	549369
    Last edited by Ditch; 03-11-2018, 09:11 PM. Reason: This is the tower I have

Comment

I saw the post regarding the Nautique mounts but it looks like everyone is using the rear tube and swivel mounts. Any input is appreciated, at this point it looks like that is the way to do it and just run wires in the rear tube.
      Thanks

Comment

I dont think you will get a rev-10 on the tube, with a rev-10 in the outer OEM location. Click image for larger version

Name:	20131122175547-474bc36b-me.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	553773

Comment

Agreed, this is what I am planning going to do, thank you.
          I just wanted to be sure before I ordered the second set with swivel mounts as well.
          Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G960U using PLT Nautique mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
            I dont think you will get a rev-10 on the tube, with a rev-10 in the outer OEM location. Click image for larger version

Name:	20131122175547-474bc36b-me.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	553773
            I have a few questions on this:

1. Your picture, given your post-shows the innermost Rev 10 in a spot that differs from the stock outer speaker mount? (I ask-because it looks close to where the stock outer speaker is-I think)
            2. Is there a discernible difference in the Rev 10s and stock, by only changing the speakers? (I have the upgraded 2017 system with the 2-12"s, etc.)

As much as I'd like to consider doing this, as it creates more space "down the middle" of the boat, I only would do so if there is a large difference in sound AND I'm not horrified by what I find when I remove the stock clamps (marks, chipping, etc) - I will be grabbing for my chest if I have any of these... Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RDT-G23 View Post

1. Your picture, given your post-shows the innermost Rev 10 in a spot that differs from the stock outer speaker mount? (I ask-because it looks close to where the stock outer speaker is-I think)
              2. Is there a discernible difference in the Rev 10s and stock, by only changing the speakers? (I have the upgraded 2017 system with the 2-12"s, etc.)

As much as I'd like to consider doing this, as it creates more space "down the middle" of the boat, I only would do so if there is a large difference in sound AND I'm not horrified by what I find when I remove the stock clamps (marks, chipping, etc) - I will be grabbing for my chest if I have any of these... Thanks.
              RTD-G23 . I know you purchased the strapless Nautique board racks and based on the picture above there is no way you could swing the board racks in with boards on them because they would hit the speakers. In this particular set up the racks are the traditional strap model.

Comment

Ah yes; I’m a bonehead... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RDT-G23 View Post

1) The inner speaker is placed as far out as the outer speaker would allow it to be. Its mounted to the tube between the inner and outer factory mounts. This gave us the widest path above the floor. You could mount the inner speaker on the inner factory mounts, but you wont get the inner speaker on the outer mounts

2) yes. A 10" speaker is about 50% more surface area. That equals more output and deeper mid-bass, even is the amp wattage stays the same. Driving the Rev-10 more to its potential, the difference is even more noticeable.

Comment

I just went from rev 10s to 2 rev 410s and all I can say is wow now i only had 2 rev 10s and they sound amazing yet I think the sound of the rev 410 is a smoother fuller sound absolutely amazing and less harsh in the highs.. I do like the setup above of the with the 4 rev 10s pushed to the outside and not lose any headroom I did lose a little with the 410s yet the center is clear..
                    Last edited by chrisschweda; 05-01-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for a good thread guys!
                      So, I am in the midst of installing the 4 REV10s that will be powered by an SD2. New Kicker interiors powered with an SYN4 and an RE Audio 15" XXX Sub that will be powered by a Sundown SCV 3000. I have done a Big 3 upgrade in the rear to 4 Group 31 Batteries and I ran Dual zero gauge power and ground wires to my amp rack. I need an upgraded alternator and I ordered a universal fit 220 Amp that will have to be fabricated to fit. The largest OEM bolt on I can find is only 150 Amp output. Depending on the voltage at half power I will be pulling between 200 and 240 Amps and full power (I know it is unusual to run at full power.... for most people) it will be between 400 and 485 Amps. It is going to be a challenge to keep up with this Amperage draw.
                      SO, any one have a suggestion for a High output alternator? I am checking Mechman in the morning, I found out late in the day and they were not on the phones when I called.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ditch View Post
                        So, I am in the midst of installing the 4 REV10s that will be powered by an SD2. New Kicker interiors powered with an SYN4 and an RE Audio 15" XXX Sub that will be powered by a Sundown SCV 3000. I have done a Big 3 upgrade in the rear to 4 Group 31 Batteries and I ran Dual zero gauge power and ground wires to my amp rack. I need an upgraded alternator and I ordered a universal fit 220 Amp that will have to be fabricated to fit. The largest OEM bolt on I can find is only 150 Amp output. Depending on the voltage at half power I will be pulling between 200 and 240 Amps and full power (I know it is unusual to run at full power.... for most people) it will be between 400 and 485 Amps. It is going to be a challenge to keep up with this Amperage draw.
                        SO, any one have a suggestion for a High output alternator? I am checking Mechman in the morning, I found out late in the day and they were not on the phones when I called.
                        Thanks!
                        To be honest I'd look into a good, properly sized on-board charger for when the boat is in storage. I'm not sure any alternator will handle those loads well... And unless you plan on running the engine at something above idle speed the entire time you have the stereo cranked the larger alternator will be all but useless. That size battery bank should easily offer you a full day of play time without issue on a full charge. I'm running roughly 3/4 of you power and have done fine with just 2 Group 27 batteries for at least 7 hours straight of fairly cranked play time. Never once had a low voltage issue. I'm sure I could have ran into the next day without issue, but don't push my luck when it's easy to just plug in for the night and recharge.
                        Jason
                        All black 2003 SANTE
                        -- Southern Fried --

Comment

Originally posted by Ditch View Post
                          Thanks!
                          My .02 is you will be fine with 4 group 31 batteries. My setup on my current boat and even my last boat that I had for 4 years was basically what you have amp wise and battery wise and I could pound it just fine all day everyday. I charged it at night and never had issues.

I'm running a treo 3k amp powering 2-12" treo ssx subs, along with a WS-SD2 powering my 4 Rev10 towers, and SD6 amp powering all interiors but turned down a lot just for reference along with 4 group 31 agm batteries.

Comment

Cool, thank you guys. I really appreciate the responses they are very helpful!!!!!
                            I ordered the 150 amp upgraded alternator simply due to the fact that I can't always hook up my onboard charger. I have gone to plenty of trouble and I just wanted to be sure I was giving it all the juice I can. I am sure from what you guys are telling me it should be fine.
                            Thanks!!!!

Comment

I posted on this thread in spring of 2018 (above) and want to revisit a question I had... We all know the 2017 tower is 6" shorter than the 18-19. I really want to upgrade my entire system at Scream Marine in Lewisville, TX. I have had a few friends (all with 2018-newer boats-do this) I want to upgrade all of the in-boat speakers to Wet Sounds 8" (they cut and fibergalss the panels-and they look beautiful when done) I want to add another sub on the port side and vent those on that side. Finally, I want 6-Rev 10s on the tower. I have the strapless design racks. The owner of the shop swears he can do this. (As noted above, I'm quite skeptical) I have seen it done a bunch on the new towers. I want to determine positively that it can be done on my shorter tower. (He has no pics, but is sure he has done this on a 2017 with racks like mine.) If I don't see pics-I can't be sure it happened. I'll be ticked if I haul my boat up to DFW this fall to do this and he says, "oops", you were right... So, with that long preamble...anyone care to opine or offer pics of such a set up? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X