No announcement yet.

2017 230 JLAudio Amp Configuration Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started with 2 JL speakers on tower when picked up my 17' GS20 in March ... at 25 hr service added 2 more - love the result

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Interesting wetsounds just posted this....

Sent from my SM-G935V using PLT Nautique mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by mcosub
        I too have been looking into this same subject. I have 2017 210 with the same set up but only 2 tower speakers. Trying to decide if adding two more speakers will help out the system I have. Looks like everything is prewired so hoping I can buy 2 more JL audio tower speakers and connect the wires on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I just added two more stock speakers and it did help with volume behind the boat . 7.7 JL Audio tower speakers

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII

I just added two more stock speakers and it did help with volume behind the boat . 7.7 JL Audio tower speakers

That's good news. How hard was it to install the two speakers and connect them to the amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII View Post

does anyone know exactly what tower speakers Nautique uses on the 210/230 for the tower? I know they are JL Audio MX770-ETXv3-SG-TK but after looking around a little bit, it appears there are two different versions of these speakers.

There is the SKU # 91198 and the SKU # 91243

Comment

They would either be white or black if 7.7 JL Audio stock speakers . The other JL Audio speakers are the larger 8.8 JL Audio stock speakers

Comment

They would either be white or black if 7.7 JL Audio stock speakers . The other JL Audio speakers are the larger 8.8 JL Audio stock speakers
                There are 2 skus for the 7.7 black speakers. If you look that them on the JL audio site, they have two different recommended wattages

Comment

Maybe the other 7.7 speakers skus have lights or something? My 7.7 black tower speakers do not

Comment

Maybe the other 7.7 speakers skus have lights or something? My 7.7 black tower speakers do not
                    maybe you guys dont understand. Here are the two links

http://www.jlaudio.com/mx770-etxv3-s...-systems-91198

http://www.jlaudio.com/m770-etxv3-sg...-systems-91243

Comment

After viewing the 2 JL Audio links above Im fairly certian the 2017 model Nautiques use the M 7.7 JL Audio speakers and not the MX 7.7 JL Audio speakers. When I purchased 2 more black M 7.7 JL Audio speakers from a member of Planet Nautique, they matched my exisitng two black M 7.7 JL Audio speakers perfectly.

Comment

After viewing the 2 JL Audio links above Im fairly certian the 2017 model Nautiques use the M 7.7 JL Audio speakers and not the MX 7.7 JL Audio speakers. When I purchased 2 more black M 7.7 JL Audio speakers from a member of Planet Nautique, they matched my exisitng two black M 7.7 JL Audio speakers perfectly.
                        Well, the good news is that those speakers are only 500 a pair now. If everything is prewired as described in this thread, then I will save a bundle from having the dealer do it and charge me over $2,500.00

Comment

Originally posted by mcosub View Post

Well, the good news is that those speakers are only 500 a pair now. If everything is prewired as described in this thread, then I will save a bundle from having the dealer do it and charge me over $2,500.00
                          If you can get a pair of M 7.7 tower speakers and not MX 7.7 speakers for $500.00 that is a great deal. I purchased a new pair of M 7.7 JL Audio tower speakers for $750.00 with mounting hardware included off the Planet Nautique forum. If you order them you will need to purchase the following speaker connections ( Deutsch DT Series 4 Pin Connector Kit- you will need to purchase 2 kits) , I purchased mine from Amazon. Each kit is $10.76 each. Hooking the additional speakers to your tower is the easy part; finding all the speaker wires to hook them to the amp in the cramped compartment under the observer seat just about killed me with the install . I should have just hired someone to do the install. Hope this is helpful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71yR1+ZPqjL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	532955

Comment

If you can get a pair of M 7.7 tower speakers and not MX 7.7 speakers for $500.00 that is a great deal. I purchased a new pair of M 7.7 JL Audio tower speakers for $750.00 with mounting hardware included off the Planet Nautique forum. If you order them you will need to purchase the following speaker connections ( Deutsch DT Series 4 Pin Connector Kit- you will need to purchase 2 kits) , I purchased mine from Amazon. Each kit is $10.76 each. Hooking the additional speakers to your tower is the easy part; finding all the speaker wires to hook them to the amp in the cramped compartment under the observer seat just about killed me with the install . I should have just hired someone to do the install. Hope this is helpful.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71yR1+ZPqjL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	532955
                            I did some more research on this and this is what I found:

1. JL audio supposedly makes the tower speaker enclosures for Nautique in a specific color that looks close to black but does not exactly match the black speaker the sell retail to everyone else. So to get an exact match, you have to buy the speakers with enclosures from Nautique.
                            2. Seems like everyone I have talked to that has the 4 speaker tower set up hates the reduced head clearance they have now that the two additional speakers are in line with the walk thru.

Think I am putting this on hold for a bit. Maybe I might change my mind after this surf season.

Comment

Working...
                            X