Say No to Power Turns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say No to Power Turns...

I know this has been a topic in the past, but CWB put together a little clip explaining power turns and the proper way to head back to pick up a rider/skiier, but with a little humor, so I thought I would share.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....43415&comments

It's amazing how many people still do not get this concept. It keeps the water better for all of us. There is a time for power turns...your rider/skiier is hurt or is threatened by an oblivious boater or Sea-doer. Other than that, slow down, make your turn and head back to your rider/skier at idle speed.

Can I get an Amen?
    BKinSoCal - Brian
    '08 SANTE 230 - Current
    '05 SANTE - Sold '10
    '04 216 TE - Sold in '05

Amen and hallelujah.
    04 SANTE 210
    89 SPORT

Comment

Hillarious!! Wonder where I can get one of those shovels?
      2005 SV-211

Comment

I need that shovel for the 30' 4 toners that like to run at 15mph max speed just below plane across the lake setting up 4 footers .

Comment

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
          Migs

G21 - En route
          SAN 210 TE (Finally)
          06 Sky Supreme V220(previous)
          05 Sanger V210(previous)
          01 MC X1(previous)
          99 Air Warrior(previous)

Comment

Originally posted by BKinSoCal View Post
            I know this has been a topic in the past, but CWB put together a little clip explaining power turns and the proper way to head back to pick up a rider/skiier, but with a little humor, so I thought I would share.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....43415&comments

It's amazing how many people still do not get this concept. It keeps the water better for all of us. There is a time for power turns...your rider/skiier is hurt or is threatened by an oblivious boater or Sea-doer. Other than that, slow down, make your turn and head back to your rider/skier at idle speed.

Can I get an Amen?
            If you can only teach your wife......... Oh wait, you don't let her drive your boat!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EchoLodge View Post
              If you can only teach your wife......... Oh wait, you don't let her drive your boat!
              Believe me, it's not that I won't allow her to. It's that she refuses too, which really sucks!
              BKinSoCal - Brian
              '08 SANTE 230 - Current
              '05 SANTE - Sold '10
              '04 216 TE - Sold in '05

Comment

Amen.

I will confess that I was taught the power turn about 30 years ago and never thought about what it did to the water until I saw a thread like this last year! It's not that most of these folks are rude or stupid, but simply uninformed. I, sadly, was part of the problem and didn't even know it. But boy, am I ever a proponent of education now.

Comment

Hmmm. I always thought a power turn occurred when you spun a direct drive ski boat on its CG (around the mid-mounted engine). I didn't realize the term also applied to a big, slow, lumbering turn on a v-drive loaded down like the Edmund-Fitzgerald.

You learn something new every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxpjhLCLMlM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsF8niEGEMQ
                  Last edited by jjackkrash; 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Just found this old thread.

Amen.

PS - all you surf boat guys suck the big one. Just saying.
                    2004 206 Air Nautique Limited - Black with Vapor Blue (family style)
                    1997 Masters Edition Nautique - Zephyr Green - gone (amazing ski wake)
                    1982 Mastercraft Powerslot - gone (a primitive but wonderful beast)
                    Bellevue WA

Comment

Power turn + wake surfing = this area is screwed time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                      X