Wake foiling Foiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake foiling Foiling

any body tried it like it hate it? am looking in t buying a board for next season not sure what to buy rookie at surfing then thiis comes along yikes

I've tried it. It's fun and challenging. I decided to stick to surfing after I thought about what that sharp aluminum mast or foil might do to my arm or leg in a hard fall....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

been foiling behind boat now for about four years .we throw it in after wake boarding and surfing, every body loves it, its a whole new game changer on balance,been practicing on second wave, same speed 10.7
      2013 G23 super air
      2010 230 super air
      2009 220 super air
      2008 210 super air
      2005 210 super air
      2003 calabria pro air

Comment

I've heard the falls can be a bit dangerous and a helmet should be considered an essential item for the beginner. Also heard about the possibility of getting caught up in the foil as well. All this is hear say as I haven't even seen anyone trying it on any of our lakes so far. Seems a bit pricey for something you may or may not like at least for my pocket.

If you have an extra grand laying around and don't mind taking a few risks it may be something worth trying. The local pro shop highly recommend taking some basic lessons before trying it on your own. And they BTW insist that everyone where's a helmet.

Comment

when learning you start with a a long rope and depending on your weight and type of foil you have you adjust the speed 9-15..we found it to be safe, as long as you respect the foil...never try to save a fall..my group are all over 60 but are all pro snowboard instructors ,,go for it you want be disappointed ..
          2013 G23 super air
          2010 230 super air
          2009 220 super air
          2008 210 super air
          2005 210 super air
          2003 calabria pro air

Comment

We started surf foiling last summer, wear a helmet when learning! I'll also say that a smaller wake will help a beginner. I learned early to get the H#!! away from the foil when falling!
            We've had some minor injuries, but, one rider had his vest slashed open roughly what would have been across his rib cage! Be careful out there....
            2008 230 TE-ZR6
            1999 Pro Air Python-sold and moved away :-(

Comment

Working...
            X