Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Got it in the water this evening, and it seems to run fine. It is safely on the lift, and ready for playing around tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8961.JPG
Views:	912
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	624735

Leave a comment:

• gary s
    replied
    Townsend probably does not run across that many non GT40's and just thought it used the 3" risers. Correct Craft probably wanted 3 1/2 risers across the board so that they didn't need different mufflers,hose sizes and other misc exhaust parts

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Yeah, not sure if I screwed up or NP screwed up, but they were the wrong ones. I had to reuse the originals, but that's OK. They were still in good shape.

Leave a comment:

• gary s
    replied
    Somethings not right with your pictures- 3" risers on this one-

Click image for larger version  Name:	3 risers.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.8 KB ID:	624730

31/2" risers now on boat-

Click image for larger version  Name:	GT risers.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.3 KB ID:	624731
    I was thinking he's not going to be happy with the wrong ones but somehow you got them right
    Last edited by gary s; 09-19-2020, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gary s
    replied
    Why did you get the smaller longer risers oops
    Last edited by gary s; 09-19-2020, 03:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Well, the new risers were not the right ones for this boat. Not sure if it was my error or NP's.

Luckily, the original risers were not bad, so I just reused those, and luckily didn't break any bolts on those either!

Everything is back together now, and the plugs have been changed too. We'll drop it in the water later this afternoon and go for a test ride.

I even got my son to help on this task! He cleaned the engine surfaces to prep them for the new manifolds and gaskets, then he helped lift and hold the new manifolds into place while I bolted them on, and then he gapped the new plugs.

Name:	IMG_8951.JPG
Views:	904
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	624725

Name:	IMG_8952.JPG
Views:	889
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	624726

Name:	IMG_8955.JPG
Views:	890
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	624727

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Just over 900.

Leave a comment:

• spenclo123
    replied
    Nice Jeff. Curious, how many hours are on that boat?

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    NO broken bolts! Woohoo!

The manifolds and risers came off fairly easily this morning. I think the ATF/Acetone mix worked well.

Now to get the surfaces cleaned up and the new ones installed.

Name:	IMG_8944.JPG
Views:	1940
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	624707

Name:	IMG_8945.JPG
Views:	1939
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	624708

Name:	IMG_8946.JPG
Views:	1971
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	624706

Name:	IMG_8947.JPG
Views:	2351
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	624709

Leave a comment:

• Skidave
    replied
    I never removed a set either. Always sold the boats before I had to replace them. I'm curious to see how you make out.

Brake fluid is also a great penetrating lube.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Correct. We'll see tomorrow. This is the first set I have ever tried to remove.

Leave a comment:

• spenclo123
    replied
    Sweet, thanks. So it sounds like from your post that breaking the hex bolts is a big risk?

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Originally posted by spenclo123 View Post
    Hey Jeff. Looks like a fun project. Where did you get the new manifolds? Everywhere I have looked they look to be on back order (Nautique parts and discount inboard marine). I was thinking of replacing my ‘83 manifolds.
    NautiqueParts just got them in yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• spenclo123
    replied
    Hey Jeff. Looks like a fun project. Where did you get the new manifolds? Everywhere I have looked they look to be on back order (Nautique parts and discount inboard marine). I was thinking of replacing my ‘83 manifolds.

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Ok, so the work begins tomorrow, and hopefully I might be able to get everything done and get the boat in the water at some point tomorrow afternoon.

Here's the crack on the port manifold.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8937.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	624648

I have the sixteen hex bolts soaking in ATF/Acetone mix already. This picture is before I sprayed them. Hopefully using that plus the fact that I am going to use an impact gun will keep me from breaking any bolts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8938.JPG Views:	0 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	624649

The spark plugs are being changed too. Don't freak out about how those look. I am not removing those until I get the old manifolds off. That way no junk will find its way into the cylinders.

Here are the replacement parts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8940.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	624650

Leave a comment:

Working...
X