My 99 SAN (The craigslist scam boat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a0128 View Post

That's good to know, but where is the gas dock? The only one I am aware of is at Waverly Marina and they tend to limit their fuel sales to marina members only.
    Yeah Waverly is for slip owners or tenants only. My father used to own a slip there years ago where we kept our 51' Chris Craft. I used to rent a slip at Portland Rowing Club next door to there, great people over there but the wait list is long to get a spot since their covered slips are limited. Before that I kept my boat at my buddies houseboat over at Oregon Yacht Club across from Willamette park, it was perfect when we used to be able to ride in the slew but since they shut down the best riding spot on the lower river for the paddlers and homeless set up camp that place is ruined.

Here's where you'll find the store and fuel dock.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6662.JPG Views:	1 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	542717

Comment

Here we go again: https://madison.craigslist.org/boa/d...384747023.html
      If we keep posting them all this might soon be the longest thread on PN!

Comment

Originally posted by TRIP View Post
        Here we go again: https://madison.craigslist.org/boa/d...384747023.html
        If we keep posting them all this might soon be the longest thread on PN!
        Right! I searched the other night and I think I found a Vegas ad, one in Orlando and one in Utah as well.

I had no clue how infamous this boat was lol

Comment

Chalk me up as another one who (sort of) tried to buy that boat. I saw it on CL this spring in New Hampshire or Mass (can't remember, probably both) and did send an email just to see what would happen. Multiple friends who knew I was searching pointed it out to me, offered to have a look, whatever.

It's awesome that it does exist and is as clean as it was described in the many scam ads. Why so many scams on THIS one?? Anyway, congrats.

Comment

God only knows why this particular boat has been used for so many of the CL scams, I saw it again for sale yesterday on Spokane WA CL. Seems to me that when I see the ad it's always got very similar info on the boat so I'm guessing they're just copy and pasting from some add that was originally posted. When I talked to the seller originally he hadn't advertised the boat for over a year and a half.

It's kind of a running joke now although I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to answer when I decide to sell the boat.

Boat finally got here last week and got it winterized and put up in storage over the weekend. U ship was a total pain in the *** to deal with but we finally got it here after 3 different delays.

Comment

I'll take 2
              https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa...405717828.html

Comment

It's become a joke around the house now, I'll hop on search tempest which searches all of craigslist and we'll make wagers on how many places the boat is for sale currently. Last week it was for sale in 4 places all over the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Dgee View Post
                  It's become a joke around the house now, I'll hop on search tempest which searches all of craigslist and we'll make wagers on how many places the boat is for sale currently. Last week it was for sale in 4 places all over the country.
                  HAHA thats crazy

Comment

So jealous! Looking for a SAN to upgrade to from my current 89 ski. Saw this boat listed in Indy and TN, and got a sketchy email response so totally thought it was a scam. Nice to know someone got the real thing! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by RK61 View Post
                      So jealous! Looking for a SAN to upgrade to from my current 89 ski. Saw this boat listed in Indy and TN, and got a sketchy email response so totally thought it was a scam. Nice to know someone got the real thing! Congrats!
                      Thanks! We checked the other day and it was for sale in like 4 places spread out across the country... It's going to be real interesting when we decide to upgrade again!

Comment

Your boat is on craigslist again

https://limaohio.craigslist.org/boa/...622282526.html

I'm 30 miles away if you want me to check it out LOL Its now in Findlay, Oh

Comment

Originally posted by Prig24 View Post
                          Your boat is on craigslist again

https://limaohio.craigslist.org/boa/...622282526.html

I'm 30 miles away if you want me to check it out LOL Its now in Findlay, Oh

lol... I really hope nobody falls for that crap. The boat is still in Oregon and definitely not for sale, at least not right now. Maybe next year I'll have to upgrade to one of these new wave monsters.

Comment

I came across this boat in Tucson years ago. It is a bueat and I kicked myself for not buying it (even though now it looks like it was a scam post).

Comment

Working...
                            X