My newly acquired Silver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newly acquired Silver

greetings. I am a new member and fortunate enough to have stalked and finally purchased a Silver Nautique. This is my first Nautique but not my first boat or project. The boat runs great but has the usual ( maybe more) problems including some soft spots and extensive below waterline blistering.. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this one though. That said, I'm seeking opinions on the course I should take. Patch and paint (I run a large collision center and have extensive experience, or have it professionally re-gel coated (probably 3 times the purchase price). If it was yours, how would you proceed? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3742.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	533578

Ask that at CorrectCraftFan. It sounds like you have been looking for this boat for a long time . Why would you do a half a$$ job and paint it?

Comment

Hmmm. Tough call. Gel coat would be expensive and possibly get you upside down in the boat. On the other hand, painting may actually diminish the value of the boat IMO. I personally wouldn't buy a boat that had been painted. Sure it will look better than it does now, but I would wonder what's hiding under the paint.

A pureist (the likes who would be interested in buying that boat) would pay more for it if it was untouched rather than painted.

It sounds like the floor and stringers need replaced as well.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like an antique car restoration project where it costs more than the finished product is worth. A lobor of love as they say.

I would get on Correct Craft Fan and ask your questions over there. Also ask them what a nice Silver Nautique is worth before getting too upside down in a labor of love project.
      Last edited by Evening Shade; 1 week ago.
      2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

I agree, sounds like this boat means something, so do it right. I also wouldn't buy anything painted, especially a collectible.
        2007 SV211 SE
        Tow Vehicle 2014 F150 SuperCrew
        Dealer: www.Whitelake.com

Comment

Cool boat. I heard (and have ski nautique) hears if barefoot nautique but never heard of or saw silver nautique. Beautiful boat and Very cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joechrom View Post
            Cool boat. I heard (and have ski nautique) hears if barefoot nautique but never heard of or saw silver nautique. Beautiful boat and Very cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            The Silver Nautique is the same hull as an 86 Ski Nautique. They got special graphics and metal flake gel coat to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Ski Nautique. I think they built 100 total.
            Shawn

1999 Black and Tan Python Powered 210

Comment

Working...
            X