Poor Man's fuel injector cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Man's fuel injector cleaner

Attached are pics of my Poor Man's fuel injector cleaner. I glued a straw from a can of carburetor cleaner into a valve stem that has the core removed. The back of the valve stem will seat nicely on the fuel side of the injectors ... you just have to hold the two (valve stem and fuel injector) together. The 9V battery, wires and switch are connected to the power connections on the injector and when you push the switch, you can usually hear the injector open. So, you have to do three things at the same time ... hold the valve stem up to the fuel side of the injector, press the switch and the spray nozzle of the carburetor cleaner can at the same time. If the injector is good and working properly, you will get a good stream of cleaner out the engine/cylinder side of the injector. If it you do not get a good stream, you may after a couple of seconds as the cleaner does its job ... that has been my experience. I don't remember whether polarity matters but if you don't hear them open, try reversing it.

If you can't get anything thru the injector, after a few tries, it is likely bad.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Injector cleaner a.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	655321 Click image for larger version

Name:	Injector cleaner b.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	655322

Pretty ingenious MacGyver, I like it!

Comment

This is really a simple solution. I like that you used a tire valve to interface with the injector.

Comment

Working...
      X