SV211 Replacing water strainer plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV211 Replacing water strainer plumbing

I had the dreaded "overheating during idle" issue with my 2006 SV211. After reading lots of posts it became clear that air was entering system on the inlet side of the raw water pump. I likely had issues with a cracked water strainer bowl, leaking fitting, etc. so I decided to just replace the whole thing. My particular arrangement is attached. Unfortunately some of these parts are not available from sources like NautiqueParts/White Lake. They want you to buy the complete water strainer arrangement but it's not the original. I wanted to retain the original top part and replace everything else. So I figured I would list them here and a source to get them:

1. The water strainer bowl is available from White Lake for the Sherwood strainer. Part number SHE14380.
    2. The PVC elbows and be bought from Lowes or Home Depot. Note these are 1" (not 1 1/4") "street elbows". If you Google PVC 412-010 you will see many sources.
    3. The hard part to find is the 1" MPT x 1 1/4" Hose Bard adapter. The 1" Male Pipe Thread fits into the PVC elbow above. The 1 1/4" hose barb fits into the water hoses on either side. I found a source here https://www.paulbparts.com/product/1...-poly-adapter/ for this part. They are $0.99 each :-)

Hope this helps someone!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SV211 Water Strainer.JPG
Views:	594
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	585266

Nice. Lots of stuff is so cheap and pretty standard.
    2006 SV 211 (Sold)
    97 Sport Nautique (Sold)
    89 PS 190 (Sold)
    05 Fourwinns Horizon 180 (Sold)
    89 Fourwinns 170 Freedom (Sold)
    75 MFG (Sold)

Comment

Working...
    X