Nautique 226 Oil Drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nautique 226 Oil Drain

We bought a 226 last year and wanting to change the oil in it before the summer season. The manual touts a "Quick Oil Drain System" by using a "drain hose attached to the bottom of the oil pan with a small plug screwed into the loose end of the hose." and to "Remove the drain plug (T-handle) (A), located in the bilge area, and put the end of the drain hose through the drain hole."

After an hour of searching for the drain hose, I did in fact find it clipped under the engine cowling. The question I now have, is where is the "T-handle" drain plug located? I've searched inside and under our 226 for this drain port and it's not to be found anywhere unless a trailer bunker is covering it. The only drain port I see is the square plug on the transom under the platform. Can someone direct me to where the T-handle drain port is?

Should be just in front of the V-drive.

That said, running the drain down through the bilge plug outlet is a messy way to drain the oil. Far better to use an oil extractor and draw the oil directly out of the drain hose. There are lots of extractors on Amazon, West Marine, etc.

-Charles

Comment

Mystery solved. The owner's manual is incorrect. You have to connect to the drain hose that I found under the cowl with an oil change pump to pump it out from there.

Comment

Very well. You'll find that method works MUCH better anyway. And do NOT thread the oil extractor down the dipstick tube. Use the drain hose.

Relevant thread: https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...oil-drain-hose

-Charles
        Last edited by charlesml3; 05-20-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X