Transmission fluid change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission fluid change

I did a quick search on this but nothing found. Anyone have a good how to on draining the tranny? '06 196 PCM RATO 1:260

thanks

Assuming you meant you have a PCM 1:23 trans. You will need a good suction pump, like a mityvac or similar, You can usually get about 2 quarts out with the pump, check fluid level before you start, if full add what you took out, check after you run it, a little over full is better then low. DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC FLUID. You should really be changing that fluid every season or 100 hrs.

Comment

thank you Quinner. The book says it should be a 1:23 ratio but the tag on the unit is stamped 1:260? It says to use DEXRON III.

Comment

Scott most of what you will find on the shelves will be labeled Dex/Merc which is compatible as Dexron III, as mentioned use conventional not synthetic.

Comment

Hey Chris, how come no synth out of curiosity?
          '08 196LE (previous)
          '07 196LE (previous)
          2 - '06 196SE's (previous)

Comment

That is what Erik who was the former owner of the Trans Shop Fantastic Finish Marine always said, he described it as too slippery.

Comment

scott, don't stick a plastic hose in there. It could get stuck and break off. Make sure you have a skinny copper hose to put in the tranny. I almost had that happen to me.
              2016 G23

Comment

thanks whitetail15!!! maybe Ill see you this year huh?

Comment

I have a 92 natique which uses 20 weight motor oil. I've used some up that I've had in stock in that I'm trying to find some. any ideas. Also can it be none detergent

Comment

i need to make a trip up your way. soon
                    2016 G23

Comment

2 foot long section of 1/4 inch copper tubing at Home Depot. 1/4 plastic tube, 3 foot long, unless your hand vac is 1/4 tubing. Move the copper tube around some while vacuuming. When topping of with new fluid remember to engage forward and reverse gear, then recheck the level and add fluid. Don't forget to replace dipstick before engaging gear, yeah I was rushing, don't ask

Comment

Working...
                      X