Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• functionoverfashion
    replied
    Sorry for the weird orientation of the images. But this is the pump I took out, and the one I replaced it with. I was being hasty and didn't realize I could have just ordered a cartridge until later, but next time I'll just get the motor cartridge and leave the housing in place. You still have to do the wiring, of course.

In any case, it fit with no trouble and no modification. And while you can get these on Amazon or whatever, I was able to get one from my local marina the next day from their supplier (Kellogg) for a similar price. To me, it's well worth a few bucks to support the local business; and if you get just the motor cartridge part, it's $10-15 cheaper anyway.

Maybe Nautique Parts could start stocking this pump instead of one that requires additional parts to fit in the factory location? I can't say for sure how much this pump was used in its early years (I've only had the boat a year) but it's 6 years old, that's a decent life in my opinion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4801.JPG Views:	1 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	559845 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4804.JPG Views:	1 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	559846 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4803.JPG Views:	1 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	559847 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4802.JPG Views:	1 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	559848

Leave a comment:

• Beach-TJ
    replied
    Originally posted by functionoverfashion View Post
    Just a note to add: I recently replaced the empty pump on my '03 with hard tanks, and it wasn't the style in the pics above. I believe it was a Shurflo brand but I'll have to verify that. Either way, the new pump was exactly the same as the old and both fit fine; it was also a cartridge-style pump, so you don't have to replace the entire assembly.

I'll update this with a link to the pump I used, if I can remember or find it. The old one is probably still in the trash by my workbench.... hmm
    That's good news.
    Think if i have to replace another I'll look into the Tsunami pumps.
    Would be good to hear what just fits.

Leave a comment:

• rossrips7
    replied
    I know that rule was OEM in 2002. I have switched all mine over to shurflo as well. For whatever reason the shurflos seem to last a tad longer before burning up.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Leave a comment:

• functionoverfashion
    replied
    Just a note to add: I recently replaced the empty pump on my '03 with hard tanks, and it wasn't the style in the pics above. I believe it was a Shurflo brand but I'll have to verify that. Either way, the new pump was exactly the same as the old and both fit fine; it was also a cartridge-style pump, so you don't have to replace the entire assembly.

I'll update this with a link to the pump I used, if I can remember or find it. The old one is probably still in the trash by my workbench.... hmm

Leave a comment:

• rman56
    replied
    Thanks for the post. It helped a lot we just fixed the drain pump in our 02 super air.

Leave a comment:

• MuertoMike
    replied
    just did my port side ballast on my 05 226. just wanted to let you know that 3 years later, your write-up is still helping people out!

Leave a comment:

• OzEmu
    replied
    Having a go at this over summer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jangelides
    replied
    TJ.

I just finished installation of my Port tank. Worked like a charm. Thanls for taking the time to post the modification.

Leave a comment:

• robertsmcfarland
    replied
    this is what this site is all about!!!!! great information and follow though.

Leave a comment:

• Beach-TJ
    replied
    Wow, glad I could contribute! Nothing like a 97 cent fix to a problem.

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    NautiqueParts is now linking to this thread in the part description!

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/ballasttankdrainpump.aspx

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Very cool! I am going to send NautiqueParts a link to this thread so they are aware of the issue. Great job with a good, inexpensive fix!

Leave a comment:

• Beach-TJ
    started a topic Replacing 2004 SANTE rear ballast empty pump

Replacing 2004 SANTE rear ballast empty pump

So my first trip out this spring we surfed and when I went to empty the rear ballast the pump would run for a few minutes then blow the breaker. Over and over, looks like the pump has seen it's better days, but it's a good 9 years old, so time to replace it.

I head over to NautiqueParts and order myself a replacment pump. I notice an interesting note:

PLEASE NOTE!! The manufacturer has changed this pump. See more images for details, the newer pump should fit, and provide better service.
    I figure no problem, but I was wrong.

On a 2004 SANTE the empty pumps for the rear hard tanks are physically attached to the bottom of the tanks and hang down into a cut-out near the transom. After wrestling the factory hoses off the tank and lifting the tank to access the pump I realize the replacement pump is several inches longer than the stock pump. So I attach the new pump and try to drop the tank into place, at which point I realize the tank will not go back into place. The new longer pump is wedged up against the inner edge of the cut-out it drops into, and the brackets that hold the tank in place will no longer fit. This means that the only thing keeping the tank, and 260 lbs of watter, from sliding to the middle of the boat is the plastic pump housing. Not good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0884.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.8 KB ID:	379109Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0885.jpg Views:	1 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	379110

If you look near the top in the first picture at the bracket comming off the tank you can see how far to the left the tank is wedged, how the bracket doesn't reach the up-right. And if you look to the bottom of the second pic you can see the red top of the pump wedged up against the edge of the cut-out.

So after a little time thinking I head up to Low's and pick up a 3/4" 90 deg male to female connector.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0895.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	379111

And I re-attach the pump angled to the back outside of the boat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0891.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	379112Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0890.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	379113Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0889.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	379114Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0897.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.8 KB ID:	379115

Then I drop the tank back into place, a perfect fit, both the brackets that hold the tank in place fit just like before.

I think you could get away with a 45 deg connector if you could find one.

Hopefully this will help someone out, probably me when I need to change out the pump on the other side.
Working...
X