Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ag4ever
    replied
    You just need to carry a couple short wires. If there is an issue, pull the relay to the pcm, fuel cell and use the jumper wires. Then use a third wire to temporarily short the wiring to the starter. Will get the boat running without gauges in an emergency.

Leave a comment:

• MTT1979
    replied
    Any idea if the wiring is the same on a 02 SANTE as it is on your 01? Looks like a good mod I may try to tackle this winter. Couldnt find a wiring diagram anywhere for my boat.

Leave a comment:

• h2opolo
    replied
    s_kelley2000 is right. speedometer calibration. I suspect there is another calibration on the speedometer itself for larger adjustments. The silver knob is only about +-5mph.

Leave a comment:

• s_kelley2000
    replied
    I believe that knob is used to calibrate the speedo but I am not sure. My boat is a 99 so it still has the Airguide speedo with the calibration knob on the speedo itself.

Leave a comment:

• mosh706
    replied
    I know this thread is a little old but in the picture next to your bypass there is a silver knob what is that for? I only ask because I just bought a pro air nautique and the guy I bought it off of had no clue thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ffmedic74
    replied
    Currently would not have issues... Agreed, but would be a good idea long term.

Leave a comment:

• hyparks
    replied
    I wouldn't have thought you would need a bypass for a 2013 Nautique. Since they changed the type of pad that's on mine to the newer type and then the Linc I havnt heard about any issues?

Forgive me if I am wrong

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• ffmedic74
    replied
    Already looked on PN and no wiring diagram for 2013 models. Darn! Anyone have the diagram for the 2013 models they can post?

Leave a comment:

• hyparks
    replied
    Originally posted by ffmedic74 View Post
    Anyone have pics of the wires etc?
    Not really, difficult to get in to take a picture. If you download the wiring diagram for your boat from Planet Nautique you can see which wires are for your ignition and starter.
    For my year boat, the purple wire gives you ignition +12v and the yellow/red wire is +12v goes to your starter.

Your boat may be the same. I can possibly sort a wiring diagram out for you if need be. Which boat do you have?

Leave a comment:

• ffmedic74
    replied
    Anyone have pics of the wires etc?

Leave a comment:

• hyparks
    replied
    Picture of the bypass installed

Leave a comment:

• hyparks
    replied
    Yes does seem crazy. I will take a picture of my bypass fitted in my boat at the weekend. It is just tucked up under the dash. If I ever have an issue I just flick the switch and press the button and away I go.

Leave a comment:

• airnautique2000
    replied
    Interestingly enough, I called the factory this morning and had a long conversation with customer service. The poor guy was very understanding but terrified of telling me how to bypass the PME due to legal reasons. After I pointed out to him that a one year old granddaughter stranded by a ski boat that wouldn't run after it got wet probably wasn't press they wanted, he mentioned that anyone familiar with boat wiring would be able to bypass it. I asked him about the purple and yellow/red wires and he confirmed it would work and not fry the PME.

Glad I was able get it worked out, but sure seems like a crazy policy on their part.

Leave a comment:

• hyparks
    replied
    Hi, That is exactly what I did. You need the purple wire connected to give power to fuel pumps etc. The red yellow wire goes to your starter.

No joy with the auxillary pad. I just use my bypass as an emergency.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• airnautique2000
    replied
    @hyparks,

I seem to be about 18 months behind you, on a 2000 Air Nautique Had problems last year (my #4 is used twice), and yesterday a total "no-go". Glad it was in the driveway and not the lake.

It appears to me that if I connect a hot wire to the purple engine wire, the engine will have power and then switching a hot wire to the yellow/red engine wire will start the boat.

Is that what you did? Did you ever solve the auxillary keypad issue?

Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X