Ballast for 2000 SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballast for 2000 SS

I am looking to add a ballast system to my 2000 SS. Does anyone know where the factory ballast is on the 2000 SS or SAN?

RE: Ballast for 2000 SS

For a 2000, it was 2 hard tanks in the rear on each side of the engine. If you're going to put a ballast system in, I would recommend going with Fly High Pro X Series fat sacs. Great product and you'll be able to put a lot more weight in the boat. You should also locate some ballast in the ski locker as well as in the bow, which the 2000 did not have.
    2001 Air Nautique

Comment

RE: Ballast for 2000 SS

Another question I have is where in intake for the tanks were located. I am looking to plumb the sacs in a similar manner as the factory setup if possible.

Comment

Front intake and rear intakes:
        Neuston Boards
        Nautiques

Comment

Last summer I posted the install and a few pictures of mine in my 99. Pretty simple task, not too expensive. I am not certain if the stock system on a 2000 is the same as my 99, but mine was not very functional. I did not use the original intake as I wanted separate fill and drain for each side for faster surfwake changeovers. My system is cheap, fast, and makes a sick wave.

http://www.planetnautique.com/index....allast+install

I have the complete B.O.M for this project if you are interested, and my welder buddy can make the bracket for like 100, I would be glad to ship to you, if you had one made.

Good luck
          the WakeSlayer
          1999 Super Air - Python Powered <-- For Sale
          1968 Correct Craft Mustang

Comment

Check my pics out also.....it might help you out a little.
            Photo Album
            Ballast Install 1
            Ballast Install 2
            Amp Install
            PPass Install
            Alternator Install

Comment

Working...
            X