trailer from 01 SN fit a 99 SAN???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer from 01 SN fit a 99 SAN???

I'm looking at trading trailers with someone who has a 2001 Sport Nautique Direct Drive. I have a 1999 Super Air Nautique (v-drive). From what I hear, the hulls are the same so the bunks should fit. But the weight distribution is different and the axles (both trailers are tandem) are obviously more forward on the 01 Sport. We are planning on putting lead in the bow anyway, so would that solve our weight distribution problems? Is there something else I'm forgetting about??? I guess I might need taller guide poles?

RE: trailer from 01 SN fit a 99 SAN???

It will be too light on the hitch for you. He will be fine because he will be hitch heavy. The fulcrum for both of you boats is way different. Your motor is way farther back and puts alot of weight on the back. You need to keep looking.
    2001 Super Air Nautique
    Python Powered
    100 Amp Alternator
    Dual Batteries
    Many upgrades coming...

Comment

We will be putting a few hundred pounds of lead weight in the bow for wake purposes anyway. I actually just got an email back from the guy at Dorsey trailers and he says it will be fine if I add the extra weight to the bow.

Comment

I found a used SV211 on a single axle for a great deal, then a tandem DHM from a sport nautique. DHM told me the wheel assembly would need to be relocated about a foot for it to work correctly, the cost was about $1k for the work with patch only paint. I bought new instead.

Comment

IF YOU ADD WEIGHT TO THE BOW, YOU DO NOT NEED TO MOVE THE AXLES. MOVING THE AXLES ADJUSTS THE TONGUE WEIGHT. ADDING WEIGHT TO THE BOW DOES THE SAME THING.

Comment

Working...
          X