No announcement yet.

Where to buy GT40 fuel injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One injector from Ford was $109.27 plus tax. I opted to pick it up at the local Ford dealer, which was free, and took 3 days. They offered shipping, but I didn’t consider that option.

Comment

Injector service was $25 each. I checked several places, and that was the going rate. Shipping would be extra if they are not local.

Comment

Originally posted by gary s View Post

How much did it cost to ship and how much it cost to go through those 8 injectors, for a total cost vs cost for 8 new ones?
        Gary I was meaning the actual ford part number, from there you can find several different year motors they came in and if ever in a jam get one from ford.
        Rockauto has them for $54 but only one left from a wholesale close out.

Comment

The GT40 EFI uses 24.5 lb/hr Bosch injectors supplier part#280150947 Ford part # F1TE-D5A
          Original "blue tops" have EV1 connector.
          Can be ordered off Ebay - I got a set of 8 for $60 will report back on how they work.
          Full set of 8 can also be had from $100-200 depending on supplier (ebay)

Comment

Originally posted by FMSKI View Post
            The GT40 EFI uses 24.5 lb/hr Bosch injectors supplier part#280150947 Ford part # F1TE-D5A
            Original "blue tops" have EV1 connector.
            Can be ordered off Ebay - I got a set of 8 for $60 will report back on how they work.
            Full set of 8 can also be had from $100-200 depending on supplier (ebay)

I installed the ebay ones and they did not work. I hope your luck is better.
            2012 200
            2008 196 TE
            2004 211 LE

Comment

Ford Performance 24 lb injectors.
              https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-9593-lu24a

You will also need some EV6 to EV1 adapters so that the new injectors work with the existing wiring.
              https://www.summitracing.com/parts/btc-ev1ev68

This is the set-up on my 2001 Ski. I also replaced the FPR on the fuel rail. Starts and runs like a dream. For giggles, I also replaced the IAC and MAP while I was installing the new injectors.

JQ
              Last edited by Jonny Quest; 09-29-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

The updated injectors are a nice solution. I prefer to keep it old school EV1 connectors.
                Shot a video of my start-up. Pretty nice to kick so fast, but it'll stall out on any throttle since there is no squirt. Injectors are like 8x carb jets!

Here's my 20lb'ers starting up. It's rough but no flare
                https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjEmOd6Dybr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Comment

I ended up pulling them and having them cleaned. I forget the exact price, but I believe it was around $150. Previously my boat had been stumbling when weighted and under load. I found a wet spark plug during some troubleshooting and noticed the fuel pressure dropping off after you would prime it with the key on. I guess that one injector was just clogged. Haven’t seen the same issue since.

Comment

Working...
                  X