• Show
Clear All

• shag
    replied
    Good to hear!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gower
    replied
    Hi everyone. It turned out to be a simple fix...two new batteries are required.

Thanks for all the help

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gower
    replied
    Originally posted by swatguy View Post
    I am with Jeff thinking this is voltage related, and going that route first. Check all the major connections to the gateway as well as one or both batteries . Make sure everything is good, clean , and tight. Load test your batteries to ensure they’re good. Whether new or old , a battery can go bad at any time.
    Thanks swatguy, I will definitely head down the voltage route. I'm away from home for the next week so I will check all connections etc. when I get home. The batteries are quite old, so maybe its time to renew.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• swatguy
    replied
    I am with Jeff thinking this is voltage related, and going that route first. Check all the major connections to the gateway as well as one or both batteries . Make sure everything is good, clean , and tight. Load test your batteries to ensure they’re good. Whether new or old , a battery can go bad at any time.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gower
    replied
    NautiqueJeff shag bturner - thank you all for the comments. I will start with the low voltage and go form there. Fingers crossed its not a gateway issue.

Thanks again gents.

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this may not be a bad gateway. By 2008, they weren't as problematic, and it would be really weird that ZO would go out at the same time since I don't believe that is part of the gateway on that boat. Most of the earlier gateway failures were due to water intrusion from the pitot tubes, but by 2008, those were no longer used, so water getting into the gateway wasn't a problem.

Leave a comment:

• shag
    replied
    Yep, probably another failed gateway in which Nautique has not offered a good solution to. Telling owners to 'retro fit' gauges that do not come close to matching, at 100% customers cost - due to a poor design or inability to successfully work with Faria to make a fix for the issue is poor. Many have experienced this problem. Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• bturner
    replied
    First step and cheapest steps is checking for sources of low voltage or poor continuity. Bad batteries, bad/loose/corroded connections are the first and typical issues for a non component failure. I would pursue these from top to bottom before going further.

If there is no joy there the next place is the dreaded Gateway box. I say dreaded due to cost.....

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/produc...e-description/

Due to the complexity and reliability of the Gateway system many owners have decided to covert the system to an analog system rather than deal with a "twitchy" system that may fail again with system the same issues. That Nautique parts offers the conversion kits should tell you something.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/produc...y-box-2003-05/

My advise would be to exhaust the first recommendation before committing to either of the other options.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Gower
    started a topic 2008 SAN 3 x Gauges stopped working + Zero Off

2008 SAN 3 x Gauges stopped working + Zero Off

Hi all

This has probably been discussed before so please excuse new post. My 2008 SAN has 3 x gauges which have stopped showing info?
    • Rev counter (hour meter)
    • Oil Pressure
    • Engine Temp
    • Zero Off saying "no GPS"
    All 4 above have power as displayed in photo, but not showing info?

I've been told it may be a loose wire, but any additional help would be happily received.

I've only had the boat 2 months, so still learning my way around it.

Many thanks

Mark

New Zealand
    Attached Files
Working...
X