Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G23 - Faulty Ballast Sensors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • G23 - Faulty Ballast Sensors

    All 3 of my ballast sensors in my 2016 G23 are faulty. Have heard these are likely to go bad and must be clogged up. My warranty expires spring of 2021 so would need to get these fixed end of season or beginning of next season. Getting this work done will require significant effort on my part...

    Anyone have any experience with this? Worth fixing, as in did the new ones last longer?

  • #2
    I replaced mine during warranty I was sent new ones, was easy to replace, remove floor plates under seats and they are exposed....
    2013 G23 super air
    2010 230 super air
    2009 220 super air
    2008 210 super air
    2005 210 super air
    2003 calabria pro air

    Comment


    • #3
      As of the 2020 model there’s a new sensor. Hardware-wise it’s plug-compatible with the old ones. But it requires a LINC update. Some places like Nautiqueparts aren’t stocking the old sensor anymore. It’s my understanding the new ones are more reliable. Just be aware there are two out there and you may need a LINC update depending on the one you get.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hal2814 View Post
        As of the 2020 model there’s a new sensor. Hardware-wise it’s plug-compatible with the old ones. But it requires a LINC update. Some places like Nautiqueparts aren’t stocking the old sensor anymore. It’s my understanding the new ones are more reliable. Just be aware there are two out there and you may need a LINC update depending on the one you get.
        Good info thank you. Hope it works better...just looked them up and the new version is 3X the price!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kmayotte View Post
          All 3 of my ballast sensors in my 2016 G23 are faulty. Have heard these are likely to go bad and must be clogged up. My warranty expires spring of 2021 so would need to get these fixed end of season or beginning of next season. Getting this work done will require significant effort on my part...

          Anyone have any experience with this? Worth fixing, as in did the new ones last longer?
          Yes my port side went on mine and the dealer replaced both the Port and Starboard. Even the dealer said they were a MF to change and they even had to make a special tool to remove them . By no means a DIY job. Get your dealer to replace all three sensors.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GMLIII View Post

            Yes my port side went on mine and the dealer replaced both the Port and Starboard. Even the dealer said they were a MF to change and they even had to make a special tool to remove them . By no means a DIY job. Get your dealer to replace all three sensors.
            Thanks for confirming, I've heard this as well. Maybe the 2014 referenced by robertsmcfarland was a different setup.

            Comment

            Working...
            X