Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    The 450 should have no problem staying cool. Something is wrong.

Have all of the service bulletins been completed for your engine? This one comes to mind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c4ef2ea8d29c93952f2f6645027741d4.jpg.png
Views:	63
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	609894

Click image for larger version

Name:	b6c1c0ca2d5b6eff5c544193a728b925.jpg.png
Views:	72
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	609893

Leave a comment:

• bretk11
    replied
    Not a dumb question. I believe our last mechanic trip, they checked the temp sensor. You can see the thermostat open when it hits it's limit and see immediate cooling on the screen. I will double check with the mechanic just to be safe. I am really starting to think the motor (biggest you can get for that year boat) is just too much for the compartment and once it gets hot at high rpm's, the system can't keep up. Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• hal2814
    replied
    Maybe a dumb question but have you verified the engine is actually running hot? It could be the sensor.

Leave a comment:

• bretk11
    replied
    I personally haven't checked for exhaust deposit blockage. I will give it a look. It has been ran a lot in the Colorado River and Lake Powell. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Depending on the amount of calcium in your lake, your exhaust may be clogged with deposits.

Leave a comment:

• bretk11
    started a topic Need Help! Overheating 2011 Super Air Nautique 230

Need Help! Overheating 2011 Super Air Nautique 230

I have a 2011 Super Air Nautique 230. It runs great under 40 MPH, runs 160-170 degrees. If you take it to full throttle(40-45 mph) it will heat up to 198+ degrees and go into "reduce power mode". We have changed the impeller, water pump, gaskets on the heat exchanger, thermostat, cleaned out entire raw water system, etc. Several mechanics have worked on it and no one has been able to resolve the issue. Has anyone else had this issue with their 2011 230? It has the PCM ZR450 motor. Thanks in advance for any help!
Working...
X