Chaise Lounge gas shock upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaise Lounge gas shock upgrade?

Anybody have a better option than the factory replacement from Nautique Parts. Seems like they’re just too weak. I replace them every 18months it seems due to failure. I do t have the exact dimensions. , maybe someone can chime in.

Yeah, kind of constant struggle for me too. I sometimes use https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/ but you have to figure out what you need.

Comment

If you can determine the model number, you can typically cross the gas lift into other more cost effective brands & suppliers.

The two key items you need are length and lb rating.
      2004 206 Air Nautique Limited - Black with Vapor Blue (family style)
      1997 Masters Edition Nautique - Zephyr Green - gone (amazing ski wake)
      1982 Mastercraft Powerslot - gone (a primitive but wonderful beast)
      Bellevue WA

Comment

Originally posted by scottb7 View Post
        Yeah, kind of constant struggle for me too. I sometimes use https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/ but you have to figure out what you need.
        Second this.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
        2008 210 SANTE

Comment

From what I found on NP it’s a 10.5inch 30lb gas shock. I am thinking somewhere between 40-50lb upgrade

Comment

Actually measured the shock. I have 8 3/8 end to end , 7 1/2 center line socket to center line socket . Compressed is 5 3/4 center to center . It’s the glove box shock which is a 20lb shock. Just wanted to clarify .

Trying to decide if I should go up to 30lb or go 40lb? Any input?

My first inclination was (2) 30lb and (2) 40lb. Give it a go. If 30 works and 40’s too strong I could split shocks.
            Last edited by swatguy; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
            X