Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much weight can the hard tanks handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much weight can the hard tanks handle?

Wondering what the weight limit is for factory hard tanks in a 2014 SAN 230? I have the 650 bags from Wakemakers, and would like to put some steel/lead between the bags and the tanks, but don't want them to collapse. Anyone know? Or, what do you use that hasn't failed? Would like to add 200-300 each side, so the tank would have to be able to hold at least 950 I suspect.

Originally posted by Bogusdogs View Post
    Wondering what the weight limit is for factory hard tanks in a 2014 SAN 230? I have the 650 bags from Wakemakers, and would like to put some steel/lead between the bags and the tanks, but don't want them to collapse. Anyone know? Or, what do you use that hasn't failed? Would like to add 200-300 each side, so the tank would have to be able to hold at least 950 I suspect.
    If you are only adding 200 to 300 per side why not place them in the mid ship storage compartment area vs in the stern of the boat. I'm talking about steel shot bags. I think it would produce a better surf wake vs loading up the stern with weight

Comment

Great question, but I am just going off the SAN 230 Surfing Setup Summary Thread (8 pages long) that recommends these changes and placement of weight.

Comment

Well I've had 5 shot bags on top of each of my tanks for years. No problems there.

Comment

I would not lay anything like steel or lead plates on top of those tanks. Maybe bags are different. Plain steel will corrode pretty quickly in a marine environment. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by shag View Post
            I would not lay anything like steel or lead plates on top of those tanks. Maybe bags are different. Plain steel will corrode pretty quickly in a marine environment. Just my .02
            I'm just referring to the pre-made bags that are full of lead or steel. Seems like most are full of steel, maybe I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogusdogs View Post

I'm just referring to the pre-made bags that are full of lead or steel. Seems like most are full of steel, maybe I am wrong.
              They are. Even though they're sold by "LeadWake" they're steel pellets. They went away from lead a while ago.

Anyway, I have 10 in the back of my boat. 5 on each side on top of the hard tank and underneath the Pro Ballast bags.

-Charles

Comment

Working...
              X