Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2013 SAN 230
    2006 SSN 210 (SOLD)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/18MyvaDfRYirniHR9

2013 SAN 230
    2006 SSN 210 (SOLD)

Comment

Is boat in gear or just sitting and idling? May be worth buying a mechanic stethoscope to isolate where the noise is coming from. I actually bought one last week from Amazon since I am going with a friend this weekend to look at a 2012 boat that has a ZR409 in it, figured its a good thing to have regardless.
      Is it possible the noise is coming from the butterfly in the carb? If you use the neutral lockout and rev engine up a bit to like 1000rpm....is noise still there?

Its a short video, but the noise does not sound consistent (like associated with engine revolution). Sounded like a double tap the 1st time and then a triple tap the 2nd time.

Comment

Correct, the taps repeat that same pattern over and over. No carb though. It is just idleing and seems to go away at higher rpms. Want to say it there from 700 rpm up to about 1100. Goes away or can no longer hear it. Can feel and hear a slight hesitation that conicides with each tap. No issues performance wise.

Best I can tell the sound is coming from the port side towards the stern.

2013 SAN 230
        2006 SSN 210 (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
        X