Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmission Fluid change 2 questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Transmission Fluid change 2 questions

    Changing out trans fluids on my 2003 SANTE.

    1. So many extractors with so many reviews on amazon......anyone who has done this trans change that wold recommend vacuum extractor under $100?

    2. Do most people go through dip stick port (I know it usually doesn't get it all, but usually I leave some in and mix and change and mix and change) If so through dip stick.....are most people able to get tube around 90 degree angle 4 inches in? Again 2003 SANTE

    Thanks
    D

  • #2
    I bought this 2.3gal extractor 2yrs ago and it has done a great job. $90 at Harbor Freight and with coupons they run you can get it for less. This has different size hoses and also works for bleeding brakes, etc.

    https://www.harborfreight.com/23-gal...tor-62643.html

    On oil changes, I use the drain hose after warming up the engine. Have heard it can get stuck using dip stick and do not do that.
    For transmission, I just use the dipstick hole....only 2 quart capacity for my boat anyway and as able to get 1.5 out easily and then replace it with new DEXIII trans fluid. Mine does not have a 90 degree angle tho so must be different. Cant imagine that would be an issue.

    Comment


    • #3
      i am old school, and old...so i just like to use $8 dollar 1 quart bottle pumps for small jobs like this.

      https://www.amazon.com/Slippery-Pete...=AA27DN1W3GRQC

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by scottb7 View Post
        i am old school, and old...so i just like to use $8 dollar 1 quart bottle pumps for small jobs like this.

        https://www.amazon.com/Slippery-Pete...=AA27DN1W3GRQC
        Scott....that is the one I used first and it won't get through my dipstick angle.....where do you insert?

        Infinity....looks good....i will check that one out......have you done it through dipstick location, or different location?

        Thanks guys
        D

        Comment


        • #5
          Transmission change I do thru the dipstick hole to suck out the fluid since there is not other option and then have a small funnel to pour the new fluid in.

          Engine oil changes I use the hose that come off the bottom of the oil pan since too many stories of the extractor hose getting stuck internally if pushed a little too far. If you dont have one of the hoses to drain oil, have seen it recommended to measure your oil dipstick and then mark your extractor hose so you dont push it in too far and run into an issue of the extractor hose getting stuck down there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Infinity View Post
            Transmission change I do thru the dipstick hole to suck out the fluid since there is not other option and then have a small funnel to pour the new fluid in.

            Engine oil changes I use the hose that come off the bottom of the oil pan since too many stories of the extractor hose getting stuck internally if pushed a little too far. If you dont have one of the hoses to drain oil, have seen it recommended to measure your oil dipstick and then mark your extractor hose so you dont push it in too far and run into an issue of the extractor hose getting stuck down there.
            Cool....thanks Infinity.....Does the Vacuum pump you use go through the rt angle on the dip stick?.....looks like that unit has thin flexible hoses. Sorry to be a pain....just want to order the right thing the first time
            D

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rockymtnsurfer View Post

              Cool....thanks Infinity.....Does the Vacuum pump you use go through the rt angle on the dip stick?.....looks like that unit has thin flexible hoses. Sorry to be a pain....just want to order the right thing the first time
              D
              Sorry,I just saw this question.
              Yes, he hose is flexible and would have no issue with an angle to get to bottom so you an extract as much as possibl

              Comment

              Working...
              X