Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 SS caution light staying on past 1200 RPMS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funkster
    replied
    Jeff, thank you very much! This info with the diagrams are very helpful.

Also, thank you for the info on the PP low voltage beep. I ran a new ground, installed a ground buss bar and hooked up the stargazer ground directly to the buss bar. No more low voltage beep and running a solid 13 amps. You the man!

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    That light has nothing to do with engine oil. It is strictly for the V-Drive.

From the 1998 Super Sport Owner's Manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	585445

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	585446

Leave a comment:

• funkster
    started a topic 1998 SS caution light staying on past 1200 RPMS.

1998 SS caution light staying on past 1200 RPMS.

I finally got to take the boat out for the maiden voyage. Everything else seemed fine but the caution light stayed on passed 1200 RPMS. I checked the engine oil and it was full. I then checked the V-drive oil and it didn’t register on the dipstick. Here are my questions:

1. Would low V-drive oil cause the caution light to stay on?

2. What is the proper way to check the v-drive oil? I tried to check it with the motor running at normal operating temp and the oil didn’t register. I then shut off the motor and checked it again and the oil still wasn’t registering.

3. What is the recommended oil and volume?

One other thing I feel is note worthy is I changed out all the gauges (including the RPM gauge) and installed PP stargazer. Could this part of the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Working...
X