How to clean sea decking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean sea decking?

Does anyone have a good way to clean stains on sea decking? Not sure what the stain is but it looks awful.

Originally posted by Gschofield62 View Post
    Does anyone have a good way to clean stains on sea decking? Not sure what the stain is but it looks awful.
    I have used this SC Wake SeaDek cleaner with good results

https://scwake.com/boat-juice/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat-Juice-Profile-500x632.jpg
Views:	1412
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	584480

Comment

I have tried a number of deck cleaners and even degreaser. It seems to me that they all can clean seadeck but leave it susceptible to absorbing dirt more easily then before it was cleaned.

Then I tried Boat Juice Interior and Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce interior cleaners. Both work as well on seadeck as they do on vinyl seats. Spray on, let soak 2-3 minutes and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. For bad stains I use a soft brush before the microfiber cloth.

The thing I like is they both have a protectant that keeps the seadeck from easily absorbing new dirt.

I usually clean seadeck at the end of the day to give the protectant a chance to absorb and dry overnight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use 3m sharpshooter on everything . Works great

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

We use Dr Bronners hemp soap. Works great and is lake safe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ian S
          2014 SANTE. NSS. Pro balllast. Boatmate trailer
          2004 SANTE. 4000 lb ballast, 2013 graphics (prev). Ramlin trailer
          2009 Moomba Outback (prev). Boatmate trailer

Comment

I had some stains on my swim platform and walk-thru from a friend who did not clean his feet after waxing/riding his board. I don't use wax on my boards, so it was frustrating cause I am normally pretty anal about making sure that people that do clean their feet, or put on socks before getting on boat after surfing.
            Anyway, I tried a bunch of stuff over last couple months to get it off without success and finally got it off by spraying a little WD-40 on a rag and rubbing...came right off and did not discolor any of the decking. Undoubtedly something to only do as a last resort, but nothing else I tried worked.

Comment

Plus one for boat juice. I spray on and scrub it in with a soft brush attachment on my drill. Then wash with water. Good results. It seem like other methods like steam cleaning just brought up dirt and made it look worse

Comment

Originally posted by jondavis08 View Post
                Plus one for boat juice. I spray on and scrub it in with a soft brush attachment on my drill. Then wash with water. Good results. It seem like other methods like steam cleaning just brought up dirt and made it look worse

So are you just spot cleaning with this or are you doing an overall deck scrub? About once a month I do a full deck scrub but I've just been using Meguire's car wash. I did buy the Boat Juice but was planning to use it for spot cleaning only.

-Charles

Comment

Originally posted by charlesml3 View Post

So are you just spot cleaning with this or are you doing an overall deck scrub? About once a month I do a full deck scrub but I've just been using Meguire's car wash. I did buy the Boat Juice but was planning to use it for spot cleaning only.

-Charles
                  I mostly use Boat Juice Interior and/or Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce interior cleaners for spot or segment cleaning of my sea deck. But I have also used it for the entire boat. If the entire boat were dirty I would use a deck soap cleaner with a soft brush, then after it is dry spray the interior cleaner doing one each segment at a time, wiping with a micro fiber cloth, then let dry over night. Using the interior cleaner has helped greatly reduce the tenancy of the sea deck to attract dirt after it is cleaned. And it works great on removing surf wax too.

Comment

What about just using diluted Dawn soap?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad1 View Post
                      What about just using diluted Dawn soap?
                      I think Dawn dish detergent even diluted might produce too much suds making it difficult to rinse unless the boat were on the trailer. I keep my boat on a lift and would not want to to run that much water through the bilge leaving a soap spill in the marina.

Comment

Better Boat Deck Cleaner works super good! Definitely going to buy it again! We bought a used boat and been using it to clean it! Sprayed the deck down with water, applied this deck cleaner, let soak for a few minutes, then scrubbed lightly with a deck brush. Just spray off with water when finished. My sister took some photos on his phone so I'll updload pics later but our deck is bright white now!

Comment

I've been using the SeaDek Dek Magic. You can get it off of Amazon now. Its worked really well and has not left a residue or slickness.

Comment

Big fan of the dek magic as well.

Comment

I have the sea deck cleaner, but find that dawn dish soap and a scrub brush do well...especially for moldy odors that tend to pop up under the port side flip up seat and under the drivers feet (serious overlook not having drains there...rectified in 2021 models I see)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X