On-season boat polishing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-season boat polishing advice

Boat is in need of some polishing/waxing. I'd like to go full on and polish the whole thing with an orbital but I feel like the grey pin striping should really go before I do that. It has already come off in a few spots.

Are there recommended products I could use to make it look semi pretty while i use it for the next couple months? Basically a bandaid fix. Should I just wash and wax it and call it good until off season? Or should I just polish right over the pin striping? Haven't messed around with gel coats yet so could use some advice.

Attached Files

You can polish over the pinstriping if you want. I'm not sure how aggressive you want to get with your gel work there. If you peel the pin stripe, I'd consider replacing it or you will probably see "ghosting" where the stripe was. Depending on how faded your gel is, it could take some serious wet sanding to work that out unless you just re-stripe it.

Comment

Yea nautique parts still sells the striping, so figured id just redo it after polishing. Starting to sound like a large off season project at that point though.

Comment

Working...
      X