G23 Auto Bilge Operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G23 Auto Bilge Operation

How does the auto bilge pump work on a 2016 G23 or boat running the same keypad?

I know you can run the bilge in locked mode. And the blue light blinks. Does that mean the auto bilge is on? Or is it always on if the batteries are on?

Here's your answer, great thread.
    https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...roubleshooting

Comment

Thanks thtrog
      http://www.planetnautique.com/Correc...s/bpstatus.pdf

^ That's a great document and perhaps I'm being a simpleton about this but I want to make sure I'm absolutely clear as I leave my boat in the water for long periods unattended.
      No blinking light = Bilge system completely off and will never cycle on regardless of water in boat.
      Steady or Blinking light = bilge pumps will cycle on and check for water every 2.5 min.

​​​​​​​Right?

My cover is very water tight as it is brand new sunbrella. Not sure how much water comes through the stuffing box (if any) on these boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmayotte View Post
        Thanks thtrog
        http://www.planetnautique.com/Correc...s/bpstatus.pdf

^ That's a great document and perhaps I'm being a simpleton about this but I want to make sure I'm absolutely clear as I leave my boat in the water for long periods unattended.
        No blinking light = Bilge system completely off and will never cycle on regardless of water in boat.
        Steady or Blinking light = bilge pumps will cycle on and check for water every 2.5 min.

​​​​​​​Right?

My cover is very water tight as it is brand new sunbrella. Not sure how much water comes through the stuffing box (if any) on these boats.
        Yes, this is correct.

-Charles

Comment

So the auto bilge seems to be killing my battery. I leave my boat M-F in the water (sometimes longer) and even though the cover is water tight I'd like to leave the bilge on. I have come back twice to a dead battery. I switch from battery 1 to both and it fires up and I can recharge the battery.

The light for the bilge also have been doing the fast blinking intermittently. I need to try the reset by holding the button but should the auto-bilge kill a battery in that amount of time?

Comment

Reviving an old thread...how the he’ll do you actually turn it off? Whenever I shut off my boat (2019) the light stays on for the bilge even if I turn it off prior to shut down...this seems to cause the pump to fire up for a second every few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulhollen View Post
              Reviving an old thread...how the he’ll do you actually turn it off? Whenever I shut off my boat (2019) the light stays on for the bilge even if I turn it off prior to shut down...this seems to cause the pump to fire up for a second every few minutes.
              That used to drive me crazy when I first got me G until I found out the light was meant to come on when the ignition was in the on position . Although I just leave the bulge light on all the time other than when the boat is shut down, if you hit the bulge button quickly twice right after you enter your start code the light will turn off

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulhollen View Post
                If you want to turn it of entirely so it never comes on at all, then simply switch your battery switch to the OFF position.

-Charles

Comment

Working...
                X