swim platform on '89 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swim platform on '89 2001

How do everyone? I actually have two questions.
    1 - I have a '89 2001. My swim platform keeps "loosening". The upper mounts that attach it to the boat keep separating from the transom. I was wondering, what can I do about this. The glassing around the hole where the bolts go in looks ok, but the meat where the screws grab onto is chowed. Please help, I feel like water is really gonna screw my hull.

2 - Where do I find interiors, carpet, upholstery, seats, gauges, for my boat?
    Thanks to those who respond and keep on shredding. Tom.
    Die trying!!!!!!

For question one, I would fabricate a backing plate to put on the inside of the transom and bolt the platform with new bolts through the backing plate, which will hold on though just about anything.

Question 2: Get a catalog from SkiDim (www.skidim.com), Overtons, and Boat US. Between those catalogs you will be able to order pretty much anything.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2000 Ski Nautique GT-40
    2016 SN 200 H5
    www.Fifteenoff.com

Comment

you should have bolts instead of screws? make a backing plate and use stainless nylon lock nuts for the top bolts. repair the gelcoat the best you can and caulk well. do you trailer with the platform on?
      red right return

Comment

Tryan, Thank you. I will try. And yes I do trailer with the platform on. I have never heard of anyone removing the platform for trailering. But....that is awesome advice. And, by the way they are stainless lag bolts that are in there right now. Should they be something else? I bought this boat about 8 months ago...my first s/n. Thank you though, and I will gladly take any other hints or advice you or anyone else can offer.....Gracias!!! Tom. (970)-349-6446
        Die trying!!!!!!

Comment

Tryan, One other thing. What do you suggest I use for the plate material, and how should I attach it? Also, is repaing gelcoat an easy process?

Thanks, Tom.
          Die trying!!!!!!

Comment

you should be able to find a piece of scrap stainless or aluminum and beat it to the contour of your transom.

you might want to investigate and see how easy/hard it will be to get to the back side of the mounting holes. if its a pain you might just resort to huge washers and ss nylon lock nuts.

fixing the cracks is a toughie. the gelcoat is what keeps the glass and resin dry. if the cracks are all the way down to the resin and below the water line, ideally you would cut a v in the crack to get down to the substrate, fill, sand and polish. repairing gelcoat sucks. ( excuse my french).

this will get you started.
            http://www1.diynet.com/diy/bo_mainte...278093,00.html
            red right return

Comment

Working...
            X