Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Picked Up a TWIN-ENGINE Fish Nautique!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spud
    replied
    love the history in those pictures

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I wonder what ever happened to that Barefoot with an outboard.

Leave a comment:

• 78Aviator
    replied
    I know this post is now 3-4 years old but I happened to stumble upon it today and thought you might like a little history of these twin-engine Fish Nautiques. They were built for a camp in the Adirondack Mountains of New York and were used to transport campers to an island that was located in the middle of the lake. I was fortunate to be a part of the "Boat Crew" that got to drive these boats back and forth to the island all summer long. If my memory serves me correctly we got a new Ski Nautique and Ski Tique every year but kept the Fish Nautique for 3 years before getting a new one. Attached are 2 pictures that I have from the Summer of 1981. They are not great but they are all I have and I thought you might be interested in seeing them, especially the Fish. The Fish that is pictured was not new in 1981 so it must be a 1980. You'll notice in the foreground of the one picture is another Correct Craft. This is the only Barefoot Nautique ever manufactured for use with an outboard engine. We used it to haul the campers gear to and from the island.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_209.jpeg
Views:	480
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	614991Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_20c.jpeg
Views:	489
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	614990

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Nothing yet. Hopefully we'll get back to this one soon.

Leave a comment:

• Davidpsalt
    replied
    Any updates?

Leave a comment:

• Miljack
    replied
    Did you finally get the fiberglass shop to finish?? I don't know how these kinds of places stay in biz...It's the same for really good paint/body guys on the auto side, must be the solvents!
    Looking forward to seeing the progress of this thing! Some of the fishing guys have done some awesome "restomods" on the Fish Nautiques, check em out.

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    That's very true! That's one positive point to the delay I guess!

Leave a comment:

• bturner
    replied
    Wow what a project. Well if you're planing on doing electronics the good news is that they gotten better over the past 2 years. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Not sure.

Leave a comment:

• d_nodixon
    replied
    Any chance the location of the regatta has be determined?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Guess what's finally back in the shop! Back to work on it starting next week!

I am setting a goal of having it ready for the 2020 Southeast Nautique Regatta.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8454.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	595017

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Yeah, I might just reconfigure the entire dash to incorporate screens in place of gauges. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• srock
    replied
    It would be nice to add an angled display box on top of the console for a built-in chart plotter and depth finder display versus mounting it on brackets.

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    I am beyond frustrated with the delay on getting this boat wrapped up.

It has been sitting at the fiberglass shop for the last NINETEEN months!

I made two mistakes when I took it there. First, I told them that I wasn't in a rush, and second, I pre-paid for the work!

Here's the current state of the boat. The new floor is in (kind of), and the new interior deck is in place, including the front seats. That's about it though.

I will be going back out there this week to have a discussion with them about getting their part wrapped up so that I can start my part.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5151.JPG
Views:	678
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	581629

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Not finished yet. Updates coming soon though!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X