'20 to '21 changes to Paragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '20 to '21 changes to Paragon

I consider myself pretty well informed with respect to feature changes for my boat, but a friend has a '21 P25 on the way from Orlando, and I just noticed (via factory pictures of his boat) that Nautique has altered the steering wheel from '20 to '21. Are there any other changes I missed?

The ZZ8 engine I believe is the new standard.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      The ZZ8 engine I believe is the new standard.
      Yes, that actually was changed to the standard engine in the middle of '20 production.

Comment

I know of 2 P23 boats that had the tranny go bad. Have they made any change there? I am not sure if they had the old, or the new ZZ8. It was embarrassing for my friend to be towed back to dock in his 1/4 million dollar boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallredrider View Post
          I know of 2 P23 boats that had the tranny go bad. Have they made any change there? I am not sure if they had the old, or the new ZZ8. It was embarrassing for my friend to be towed back to dock in his 1/4 million dollar boat.
          My understanding was that this was the primary reason they paired the ZZ8 with the 1.48:1 tranny to replace the XR7 / 2:1. The 2:1 with the 17x17 prop was not robust enough to handle the torque load.

Comment

Originally posted by greggmck View Post

My understanding was that this was the primary reason they paired the ZZ8 with the 1.48:1 tranny to replace the XR7 / 2:1. The 2:1 with the 17x17 prop was not robust enough to handle the torque load.
            ^ This. I'd add that the additional power allowed this move to the 1.48:1. Inevitable "horsepower wars" are consistent with the automotive market, more efficient fuel delivery and forced air-contributing in this case.
            Last edited by RDT-G23; 10-14-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Here is a minor change to the 2021 Paragon introduced in mid season. Nautique replaced the 3563 prop (18" x 13.5" x .090" cup) with the 3623 prop (18" x 13.5" x .120" cup). The new prop turns about 25 - 50 RPM less for the same surf speed settings. I replaced the 3563 on my Paragon with the 3623 after the original prop was dinged. I could barely tell the difference but if I had to guess I would say it was a bit quieter at higher speeds.

Comment

EDIT: my friend has the ZZ8 and his V-drive went out on him, not the transmission.

Comment

EDIT: my friend has the ZZ8 and his V-drive went out on him, not the transmission.
                  I don't like the sound of that, but will address if/when it happens.

Comment

Working...
                  X