Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software update

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Software update

    I have asked on another platform as well.

    Does anyone know, and can confirm, if the '17-20 boats with Linc Panoray can be updated to the '21 software?
    I know a person who just picked up a 2020 GS22 with the new software, so that tells me it is probable.
    I have a '19 GS22 that needs an update for the new ballast sensors, so I figured I would get the '21 update as well. It would be nice

    Thanks

  • #2
    I'd be interested in upgrading as well, but after watching the video on the 21 G23, I didn't see a ton of change in the new software other than the wave shaper. Is this something that would even be backwards compatible? Admittedly I haven't looked too closely at it, but the rest didn't see like a big difference. Did you see stuff that I'm missing?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mooneywa View Post
      I'd be interested in upgrading as well, but after watching the video on the 21 G23, I didn't see a ton of change in the new software other than the wave shaper. Is this something that would even be backwards compatible? Admittedly I haven't looked too closely at it, but the rest didn't see like a big difference. Did you see stuff that I'm missing?
      i too have only seen the wave shaper feature. That takes a lot of guess work out of it. And IMO, that alone, is worth it.
      Don't know if there are any other features

      Comment


      • #4
        while I think i would like to have the wave shaper............we have our wave dialed in nicely and I dont think adding it now would be of much benefit to us.

        Comment


        • #5
          per my convo with tech at the dealership today, it is NOT backward compatible. Bummer

          Comment


          • #6
            Yep, I asked Nautique about it today, and it doesn't sound like it is available for pre-2021 boats.
            Current Boats > 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 (On Order) -- 2020 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2003 Air Nautique 226 -- 1981 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE 1 of 3)
            Former Boats > 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2018 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 2013 Super Air Nautique G23 2012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition 2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2007 Air Nautique SV-211 -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1983 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE 2 of 3) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

            Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
            NautiqueParts.com - Roswell Marine - SeaDek Marine Products - Delta Propellers - SkiSafe - Xtreme Heaters -- PCM Marine Engines -- PerfectPass - C&S Marine Touchless Boat Cover

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by idahosan View Post
              per my convo with tech at the dealership today, it is NOT backward compatible. Bummer
              that is interesting... because Eric and I know of a new 2020 GS22 that was just delivered that does have the new software
              i will also check with superior.

              Comment


              • #8
                Doesn't this new wave shape control feature just take away the ability to adjust the NCRS and NSS independently?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think the confusion on this thread is some are talking about backwards compatible in the G and others the GS. I would doubt the G software would be backwards. My understanding is the NSS plates have more incememt stops in the 21 versus prior year models. Probably some other differences but that seems significant to me. Maybe the GS didnt have similar changes so its backward compatible?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bevostein View Post
                    I think the confusion on this thread is some are talking about backwards compatible in the G and others the GS. I would doubt the G software would be backwards. My understanding is the NSS plates have more incememt stops in the 21 versus prior year models. Probably some other differences but that seems significant to me. Maybe the GS didnt have similar changes so its backward compatible?
                    quite possibly. did not think about that

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, it seems that the 2021 GS hull did change ... here’s what Nautique saying about the hull changes for 2021:

                      “New for 2021, the hull of the GS22 was updated this year with characteristics from the G23 Paragon that greatly increase the wakesurf wave. Now more than ever, waterskiers, wakesurfers and wakeboarders will have an incredible platform to utilize thanks to our engineering team’s ability to blend hull features from the award-winning G23 Paragon and record-setting Ski Nautique.”

                      Having just bought our 2020 GS22 last month, I was hoping that the 2021 software would be backward-compatible, but if the hull has changed then I have to believe that this won’t be an option

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X