X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dustinodin View Post

Just downloaded on my fenix 6x and it appears to work perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
    Interesting to see if it does indeed work with the 3.0 Surf Select. Just because it downloads to the watch does not necessarily mean it will sync with the 3.0 Surf Select system. As I stated earlier, I had the Pebble 2 watch which was the newest model at the time, and I was able to download the Surf Select software on the watch but it never functioned nor synced with my 2.0 Surf Select system in my 2017 G23.

Comment

It was approved by Nautique yesterday and tested.
      I also got confirmation the range will work with wakeboarding which they said was an issue with the pebble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was asking because I returned my 5x for the 5x plus and now will return it for the 6 pro solar

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII View Post

Interesting to see if it does indeed work with the 3.0 Surf Select. Just because it downloads to the watch does not necessarily mean it will sync with the 3.0 Surf Select system. As I stated earlier, I had the Pebble 2 watch which was the newest model at the time, and I was able to download the Surf Select software on the watch but it never functioned nor synced with my 2.0 Surf Select system in my 2017 G23.
          Understood. The dealership is looking into installing the 3.0 module in my 2019 G23. I’ll keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

From Garmin IQ
            Attached Files

Comment

That is awesome. Glad they stepped up and approved it for the 6 series. It is just an app running on the watch so I would assume it would work fine. I'm not expert but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

Comment

Thank you all for the follow up. I bought a 5s around the holidays for a great deal. I was going to hold out for the 6 since I do run with it as well, but I thought Nautique wouldn't get it updated. I guess I was wrong! They are less like other big boat brands every day.

Comment

Originally posted by wrut View Post
                  Thank you all for the follow up. I bought a 5s around the holidays for a great deal. I was going to hold out for the 6 since I do run with it as well, but I thought Nautique wouldn't get it updated. I guess I was wrong! They are less like other big boat brands every day.
                  I have started my triathlon training using my 5S plus and the functionality is amazing. I've never owned a training device of this caliber. I'm sure the 6 has some improvements but I can't imagine a recreational athlete needing more than the Fenix 5. You got a good deal on a killer watch.

Comment

There seems to be a fair amount of interest in this thread. For those of you that might be thinking about a Fenix watch, I am an authorized Garmin dealer. I picked up a 5 plus for myself on some dealer incentives around the holidays, but with the 6 compatibility being confirmed I might upgrade my personal watch. Would anyone be interested in me putting together a group buy on Fenix 5 or Fenix 6 watches? I could leave it open for a couple of weeks, no restrictions on which model was chosen, then place one order from Garmin and get it shipped out to everyone. If there is any interest shoot me a message.
                    Last edited by wrut; 01-21-2020, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I just picked up my boat today and my Fenix 6 pro seems to be working great. I like the 3 second timer on the surf change as well. The wakeboard speed lets you adjust 1mph up or down from the set speed.

Comment

Originally posted by MG94 View Post
                        I just picked up my boat today and my Fenix 6 pro seems to be working great. I like the 3 second timer on the surf change as well. The wakeboard speed lets you adjust 1mph up or down from the set speed.

Good to know the 6 actually synchs with a 2020 G23

Comment

Originally posted by MG94 View Post

Need pics of that boat!

Comment

Originally posted by RDT-G23 View Post

Need pics of that boat!

Comment

Very nice! I’m ready for mine to arrive. It will be done Tuesday or Wednesday. I’ll see it in about a week and a half.

Comment

****.. and I have the Fenix 5x... not plus.. I wonder what was the major change hardware wise, other than memory for music, and Blood o2 sensor which I'm sure that the surf select isn't using.. that would not make it compatible...

Comment

Working...
                                X