• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skidave View Post

Wax?

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
    Yep wax and cleaning products too

Comment

Its the ZINC levels and the quality of the zinc in the oil. They want you to use the highest level type/brand. Rotella has been the known to have the best zinc and that's why its been the go to over the past while....
      Last edited by surfnjosh; 08-12-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

i just picked up my boat from winterization with oil change. the invoice said Rotella 15-40. I questioned them, and stated I thought there was a change from PCM. They said they were not aware of the bulletin.

Should I take the bulletin to them and have them change it or let it slide until next oil change?

Also, is there a PDF version of the bulletin I can print out?

Thanks

Comment

It probably won't hurt it, and if it does, they're a dealer, so they should be responsible.

They should certainly be aware of the bulletin. Kinda scary that they aren't.
          Current Boats > 2020 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1981 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE)
          Former Boats > 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2018 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23, 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 2013 Super Air Nautique G23 2012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition 2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition 2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
          NautiqueParts.com - Roswell Marine - SeaDek Marine Products - Delta Propellers - SkiSafe - Xtreme Heaters -- PCM Marine Engines -- PerfectPass - C&S Marine Touchless Boat Cover

Comment

Yeah, considering 15w40 was go to for...like...ever. You be fine. Not that I have any evidence it matters, but what i try to do is when i use my boat when cold out I let engine warm up extra long to be sure oil is warm and flowing without raising the oil pressure.

P.S. PDF would be nice...

Comment

thanks guys, i think i will let it be and have them change it at the beginning of summer. I will point out the bulletin again.

the image posted on this thread is super blurry when printed. can someone post a clear version or the pdf?

thank you

Comment

This oil fits the bill. 5w-30 and Dexos certified.

https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/prod...ngine-oil.html
                2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Originally posted by Evening Shade View Post
                  This oil fits the bill. 5w-30 and Dexos certified.

https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/prod...ngine-oil.html
                  I just put it in my H6 engine this weekend

Click image for larger version

Name:	a32e0cb2-2d5b-457e-a49a-7b25ea33697f_1.d0c2e82af1127a7b7016694ffaf643e5.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	595444

Comment

Since this is an oil thread . Shell recently added a Full Syn 15W40 as well for those that want to go that route. It’s only couple , two , tree bucks more .
                    Last edited by swatguy; 1 week ago.

Comment

That's what I went with this year. There was some discussion as to the rating standard of the not meeting the spec in the manual. I went with it anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by bturner View Post
                        That's what I went with this year. There was some discussion as to the rating standard of the not meeting the spec in the manual. I went with it anyway.....
                        Must be why it is cheap to purchase. LOL

Comment

Possibly who knows for sure. I would find it hard to believe that using this oil is going to have a detrimental effect on the engine. Everything in the specs and documentation show nothing but better than the standard with no cautions of using it in any application that the non synthetic versions.

Comment

Originally posted by bturner View Post
                            Possibly who knows for sure. I would find it hard to believe that using this oil is going to have a detrimental effect on the engine. Everything in the specs and documentation show nothing but better than the standard with no cautions of using it in any application that the non synthetic versions.
                            Hope so, just put about 4 hours on my boat with this oil

Comment

Picked up 2x jugs of Royal Purple this week.... now Gen2 Dexos certified
                              2019 G23 450
                              2014 G23 550
                              2013 G23 450
                              2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247
                              2007 Yamaha AR210

Comment

I jumped from the 15W-40 Rotella in the engine originally (on my third oil change) to Rotella 5W-40 T6 full synthetic. I called PCM to discuss as I did this; while they thought this was overkill to use full syn, they said it was fine to use. I will stay with this oil. I change way in advance of the hours requirement, but not in advance of “120 days” as this bulletin advises. I’ll sleep fine with my plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X