G23 Buzz in my Garage?? 2016 G23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G23 Buzz in my Garage?? 2016 G23

I will try to explain the best as I can. My boat stays in my attached garage of my house when not used. The battery switch is in the off position, but batteries are still connected. My garage had a slight buzz coming from somewhere that we had trouble identify were is was coming from because with the batteries turned off, don't know how it could be the boat.
    Sure enough after a week, we found it. When i opened port side rear locker, the noise was louder. I turned battery switch on , booted up the linc, and then turned everything back off. The buzz was gone. It never came back since.

What is could this have been?
    2016 G23

Onboard battery charger?

Comment

A constant buzz or intermittent.

Comment

it was constant, no battery chargers hooked up. i heard it about 2 months ago, but it went away b4 i could find out where it was coming from. When it started again last week it went on most of the day until i found it.

it was more pronounced when i opened the port locker than the starboard one.
        2016 G23

Comment

Reverse polarity monitor thingy (sorry not proper terminology), had to replace mine as did same thing

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Bildge pump with faulty float?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Could it have been coming from the amp compartment and radiating into that port locker? Did you check to see if it could have been from under the passenger seat?

Comment

I guess the better question would be , Is there anything in the boat that still gets power from the batteries when the perko switch is in OFF of position. Because those are the only possibilities.

Batteries have not been unhooked, so they are not reversed.
                2016 G23

Comment

Originally posted by stwilli326 View Post
                  Reverse polarity monitor thingy (sorry not proper terminology), had to replace mine as did same thing. PLT Nautique
                  I second this, the same thing happened to me.

Comment

Water sensing bilge pumps is all I can think of.

Comment

Working...
                    X