Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wakemakers piggy back on G and GS question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakemakers piggy back on G and GS question.

Has anybody done the wakemakers piggyback system for a G or GS. If you did was there a way to turn the timer up on the Ballist pumps so it fills the piggyback sacks up. I talked to a lady from Wakemakers she said there is a code in the instructions that you can go into the settings on the boat and turn the timer up. Wondering if anybody has any experience with this. Thanks.

Our gs22 hasn't arrived yet but this is a question that I discussed with our dealer. It is my understanding that a re-flash is required to lengthen the fill times and that the re-flash applies only to the 350lb bags offered by Nautique. The wake makers bags are up to 800lbs, I believe and would require an even longer fill time. I don't know if this is factual but my dealer is usually spot on when these types of questions arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyco66 View Post
      Has anybody done the wakemakers piggyback system for a G or GS. If you did was there a way to turn the timer up on the Ballist pumps so it fills the piggyback sacks up. I talked to a lady from Wakemakers she said there is a code in the instructions that you can go into the settings on the boat and turn the timer up. Wondering if anybody has any experience with this. Thanks.
      Yes Wakemakers includes instructions on how to adjust the fill time. I have not personally done this but I have seen their instructions on how to do it.
      2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Is this just on newer models? I have a 2014 210 and was told you cannot adjust the timers. This was a big surprise to me as competing brands have had the tech to do this for years. Stock ballast isn't going to work for 85% of the boat owners out there it really seems like doing custom ballast should be part of the LINC tech. To simply be able to add your ballast setup in a config screen and have fill times adjust would be ideal... Maybe when boats start to cost $200K they'll add this simple feature

Comment

I was under the impression you can fit 1100 pound sacs in the back of a G23. At least I have a pair of them sitting on a shelf, then never got around to installing them, as the stock wave is more than my mediocre skills can utilize anyway. (Shameless plug: they are red and for sale. Make me an offer.)

Comment

I have a 2018 GS22 - one season stock ballast - just ordered the Wakemakers Piggy Back. Will post pictures during my install and answer the timer questions here.
            Thanks!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Davidpsalt View Post
              I have a 2018 GS22 - one season stock ballast - just ordered the Wakemakers Piggy Back. Will post pictures during my install and answer the timer questions here.
              Any update on the install.

Comment

Sorry for the delayed post - however, Wakemakers was back ordered and I just received the kit. It did not come with any instructions so I have to call them tomorrow to see where I can get them. I may be able to get to the install this week-end, but since my boat is winterized, i wont be able to test it out until we get past the "freeze zone" here in Atlanta. Today was 76 degrees and sunny - a perfect day to be on the water but I don't want to have to re-winterize with 4 more weeks of possible freezing weather. If I do get to the install this week-end, I will take some pictures of the process and post them here.
                Thanks!

Dave

Comment

Sorry for the delayed post - however, Wakemakers was back ordered and I just received the kit. It did not come with any instructions so I have to call them tomorrow to see where I can get them. I may be able to get to the install this week-end, but since my boat is winterized, i wont be able to test it out until we get past the "freeze zone" here in Atlanta. Today was 76 degrees and sunny - a perfect day to be on the water but I don't want to have to re-winterize with 4 more weeks of possible freezing weather. If I do get to the install this week-end, I will take some pictures of the process and post them here.
                  Was are the bag sizes for the piggy back system ....factory are 350 ea....I don’t think you can change the timers beyond that. The system you bought should need directions, the hose end have labels telling you where they get installed ... fill for fill, overflow, etc. my guess is that the piggy back system uses the overflow hose from the underfloor bag as the fill and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

My kit came with two 800 lb bags giving me an additional 1600 lbs of ballast. The factory kit only provided an additional 350 per side or 700 total plus the dealer wanted just over $1,700 total with install. Understood on the timer adjustment - once I change the setting I realize I may just have to hit the fill button again and wait to hear it reach the over fill and shut it off.
                    Thanks!

Dave

Comment

I would be interested to see how the boat reacts to all that weight just in the rear. Start a new thread when summer comes or I will.... I did the factory bags and am putting 700# more in lead bags ..... it would be interesting to compare notes.... the ballast system uses the level/pressure sensors to determine if the pumps should be on or not. The system won’t let you keep cycling to my knowledge....

Comment

Even when the system thinks it is full, it would allow me to pump water all day if I manually turned on the pumps. (2016 G23).

Comment

Originally posted by Tallredrider View Post
                          Even when the system thinks it is full, it would allow me to pump water all day if I manually turned on the pumps. (2016 G23).
                          Same for 2017. They all run on timers to determine when the tanks are full/empty.

Comment

Originally posted by mikenbike211 View Post
                            I would be interested to see how the boat reacts to all that weight just in the rear. Start a new thread when summer comes or I will.... I did the factory bags and am putting 700# more in lead bags ..... it would be interesting to compare notes.... the ballast system uses the level/pressure sensors to determine if the pumps should be on or not. The system won’t let you keep cycling to my knowledge....

We could cycle the pumps in the ‘18 gs22 I demoed.

Comment

Hey Dave - Have you had an opportunity to try out the boat since installing the wakemakers kit? If so, what are your thoughts on the difference in wake versus stock?

Comment

Working...
                              X