2019 SAN 210 vs Mastercraft XT 21 surf wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 SAN 210 vs Mastercraft XT 21 surf wave

Hello, new member here. I am in the process of shopping for a new surf boat and I believe I have my choices narrowed down to two choices. A 2019 SAN 210 with pro ballast or 2019 MC XT21. Both are very comparable price wise and both would be an order out situation so I’d be able to get the colors I would want. We primarily will use this boat for surfing as a buddy has a Malibu Response for skiing. I am looking for opinions on which of these 2 will give the better surf wave. Otherwise, here are some pros and cons of both as I see it as I’ve gone back and forth multiple times in this process so any other feedback would be greatly appreciated in helping me make a decision. Leaning toward the 210, just want to make sure I’m making the right decision.

SAN 210 pros - love the style, fit and finish. NSS, warranty, reliability, resale, low bow rise when surfing
    SAN 210 cons - cost of bimini (can’t believe they cost over $3k), surf wave?

MC XT21 pros - Surf system, sun deck seats, nicer tower? Comes with bimini
    MC XT21 cons - not as nice inside as 210, seems like it has high bow rise when surfing (any comments?)

XT21 is a better wave from a “out of the box” perspective. Both can make extremely good waves with added ballast.

both boats could use a few hundred pounds of lead right from the start. The 210 can use it under the observer seat to balance it. The XT21 can use it in the bow so that it rides more bow down while surfing.

it would be a hard decision for me, between those two choices. They both have some small advantages over the other, and they are both really good performers.

If you plan to run just stock though....... you’ll be happier with the wave on the XT21 IMO.

Comment

The 210 hands down. Order the 210 with Pro Ballast, replace the pro ballast bags with 750's and you'll have a great surf wave! I've owned 5 210's and have loved them all.

Or... save yourself some money and do the Pro Ballast / Piggyback install yourself. I did this last year and it's an easy job. You won't regret the 210!

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfan219 View Post
        Hello, new member here. I am in the process of shopping for a new surf boat and I believe I have my choices narrowed down to two choices. A 2019 SAN 210 with pro ballast or 2019 MC XT21. Both are very comparable price wise and both would be an order out situation so I’d be able to get the colors I would want. We primarily will use this boat for surfing as a buddy has a Malibu Response for skiing. I am looking for opinions on which of these 2 will give the better surf wave. Otherwise, here are some pros and cons of both as I see it as I’ve gone back and forth multiple times in this process so any other feedback would be greatly appreciated in helping me make a decision. Leaning toward the 210, just want to make sure I’m making the right decision.

SAN 210 pros - love the style, fit and finish. NSS, warranty, reliability, resale, low bow rise when surfing
        SAN 210 cons - cost of bimini (can’t believe they cost over $3k), surf wave?

MC XT21 pros - Surf system, sun deck seats, nicer tower? Comes with bimini
        MC XT21 cons - not as nice inside as 210, seems like it has high bow rise when surfing (any comments?)
        I rode in the XT at sales training and first thing I noticed was lack in fit and finish. Under the seats is terrible...gaps tanks and carpet everywhere. It had a good surf wave but you are correct, the bow rise was TERRIBLE! Almost to a point that it felt unsafe. Not a fan of the dash setup either, nobody has as low profile of a dash as Nautique. I vote 210. Yes I know the Bimini is expensive but it’s easy to use and has great coverage.

Comment

service matters. I'm from same part of country and can tell you go with Nautique. MC dealer in our area sucks!

Comment

I recently looked at the XT. One thing to keep in mind is, the tower when getting in the boat from the rear is very low. You will have to bend down unless your 5'1". One of the things i didn't like. It sits very far back on the boat as well. I also found the quality of the XT isn't the same as the X.. its just a small step up from the NXT.

Comment

Working...
            X