X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kylant
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrenaline1 View Post
    Kylant, Great thank you. Are you at higher elevation or just want the H6?
    I am at 6300ft elevation. The ZR4 is not enough motor at this altitude, hence the reason for the H6

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline1
    replied
    Kylant, Great thank you. Are you at higher elevation or just want the H6?

Leave a comment:

• kylant
    replied
    I feel the GS is a great crossover platform. It skis well, and surfs well.
    Is the wake as small as the Ski Nautique wake or as big as the G wake? Of course not. But they are respectable for a boat designed to do both.
    The more I skied my GS20, the more forgiving the wake seemed to get. With stock ballast, I can surf just fine.

I am actually ordering a GS22 with the H6 and pro ballast. I think the surf wave will be bigger than the 20 and I will have enough motor to add more ballast if needed.
    I still think it will ski fine.

The only way to get the best of both worlds is to have 2 boats. For most, that is not feasible.

Leave a comment:

• GMLIII
    replied
    Yes this is a great venue I’m going to. Only seats about 500. I’m a big fan of REK and have seen him many times, but I have never heard him with Lyle Lovett, should be a great show . I think they were roommates at Texas A&M back in the day
    Last edited by GMLIII; 10-14-2018, 08:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kenv
    replied
    Nice....Love REK. He was just down deep in the heart of Texas a few weeks ago at old Floore's Country store. Old stomping grounds for Willie and alot of other country greats. Awesome outdoor venue if you're ever around North San Antonio.

Leave a comment:

• GMLIII
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenv View Post
    Only thing that might have topped the Stratus would be..."Well I'm not a professional skier...but I slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night"........
    Actually I'm sleeping in a Holiday Inn Express tomorrow night after the Robert Earl Keen & Lyle Lovett show at the Harvester Performing Arts Center in good ole Rocky Mount, VA; moonshine capital of the world.

Leave a comment:

• Kenv
    replied
    Only thing that might have topped the Stratus would be..."Well I'm not a professional skier...but I slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night"........

Leave a comment:

• GMLIII
    replied
    Originally posted by doug69 View Post

That is my favourite post in the history of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	570334

Leave a comment:

• doug69
    replied
    Originally posted by markj View Post

Oh yeah? Well... I drive a Dodge Stratus.
    That is my favourite post in the history of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline1
    replied
    Originally posted by greggmck View Post
    That doesn't exist. I'm a former world ranked slalom skier, AWSA driver and judge, and a current World Champion surfer. If you move to a boat that has even a reasonable surf wave you will suffer at 22 off and shorter line lengths. You can get mediocre ski wake performance from a surfable boat but not a tournament level ski wake.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I think the OP is just looking for the best options, although I agree I am not sure why he mentioned "a tournament grade". I will just hi-jack the thread for me and see if it helps him out as well LOL. Which boat can someone start with (that will ski decently/no tournaments) and then how to set it up to best to improve the surf wave. GS20 or 22? Go.

Leave a comment:

• markj
    replied
    Originally posted by greggmck View Post
    That doesn't exist. I'm a former world ranked slalom skier, AWSA driver and judge, and a current World Champion surfer.

Oh yeah? Well... I drive a Dodge Stratus.

Leave a comment:

• greggmck
    replied
    Originally posted by harrykane140693 View Post
    I'm a guy who loves waterskiing and surfing, and I want a boat that can put out a huge surf wake but at the same time be great for skiing a tournament grade course. Between the Tige RZR, Nautique GS20, Mastercraft XT20 or Wakesetter 20 VTX, which should I get?
    That doesn't exist. I'm a former world ranked slalom skier, AWSA driver and judge, and a current World Champion surfer. If you move to a boat that has even a reasonable surf wave you will suffer at 22 off and shorter line lengths. You can get mediocre ski wake performance from a surfable boat but not a tournament level ski wake.

Leave a comment:

• swc5150
    replied
    This is a pic I lifted from a PN member who tested out a GS20. Hopefully he contributes to the conversation, but here's the slalom wake (can remember if it was 32 or 34). I won't speculate on your needs, but I do not consider this wake remotely feasible for course use.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline1
    replied
    Agree, there seems to be very little opinion sharing on this boat and topic from the owners of the GS boats. Here's to hoping we get some real info soon.

Leave a comment:

• beamons
    replied
    I hate to say it but the Nautique Unicorn is the best model for you. I am in the same position and just found that the only real solution is the two boat model. That being said, I have not tried the GS series but when you say huge surf wave and ski the course in the same sentence it just isn't likely. IF you find differently, please let us know. There are many of us that would love to hear differently.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X