Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Leave a comment:

• Adrenaline1
    replied
    What about Phoenix and Eagle trailers?

Leave a comment:

• Wake.BC
    replied
    Been super happy with my two boatmate trailers!

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Leave a comment:

• SoCal G-Man
    replied
    Originally posted by NautiqueJeff View Post
    Here are a couple more pictures.
    That baby looks incredible! Good call on the colors and details. I like the 650s, as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kenv
    replied
    Same here Evening Shade....only issue I have is with the jack....which has stiffened up in the 3 years I had the trailer. And yeah....the rollers are tiny....but I've learned to slow down and scrape less at the one or two usual fill up gas stations and leaving the dealer's angled parking lot. Overall though....it's been a solid trailer.

Leave a comment:

• Evening Shade
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenv View Post
    So BoatMate is not even close to a Ramlin? I've never had a Ramlin....but my BoatMate is SWEET. I'd say it's more Coke vs. Pepsi....LOL
    I agree. I've never had a Ramlin trailer, but I've had 3 Boatmate trailers dating back to 2007 and all have been awesome. The overall design of a Boatmate just looks right to me. Other than the jack, there are no bolt on aftermarket parts on Boatmates. The guide poles on Jeff's EZ Loader look like aftermarket bolt ons.

The one negative on Boatmate trailers are the prop guard rollers. Some other brands use much better rollers.

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    Here are a couple more pictures.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4283.JPG Views:	1 Size:	62.3 KB ID:	569597

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4285.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	569599

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4310.JPG Views:	1 Size:	60.6 KB ID:	569598

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4294.JPG Views:	1 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	569596

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4295.JPG Views:	1 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	569594

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4299.JPG Views:	1 Size:	26.3 KB ID:	569595

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    I would agree with that statement entirely. I do think Boatmate has improved over the last few years. I had one a few years back that was awful (electrical issues, brake issues, etc.). That same year, I had one friend who had his brakes totally lock up while he was towing the boat, and another friend who had the axle actually fall out from under the trailer while he was towing, and then later he had the EOH brakes completely fail on the trailer.

Ram-Lin was never about the bling. They just made good strong trailers that rarely had issues. I bet I have owned 25+ Ram-Lin trailers over the years, and other than a flat tire here and there, I can only think of a single failure I ever had. That was a leaking EOH brake system on my 2018 Ram-Lin G23 trailer. Simple fix.

This year the PN G23 will be on an EZ Loader. The PN trailer is still being built, so I am borrowing an EZ Loader from White Lake right now. I really wanted to like the EZ Loader, but the one I have right now has been less than ideal. The bow roller is way too low (almost like they never changed the trailer design after the hull change that the G23 got in 2016). The bow eye actually rides up over the bow roller, which the trailer is not designed for, and then the bow eye has to slide over the roller once you try to launch it, which makes the boat crash down. The electrical system on the one I have will pop fuses in my truck if you hit a bump too hard (making all running lights go out), and the prop guard can get hit by the prop when backing off the trailer. I didn't do that (I float mine on and off), but I have heard that this is an issue.

I am about ready to give Boatmate another try. I toured their factory last year, and their components and processes are good. They have a good warranty and a support system that shouldn't leave you stranded in the event of a failure. We'll see how the EZ Loader I get for this year's PN boat does, but if it has similar issues to the one I have now, and if they aren't interested in addressing those issues for future trailers, I am not sure I will be able to support them.

Leave a comment:

• ffmedic74
    replied
    Boatmate has more bling, but Ramlin made a very study over engineered quality product.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Kenv
    replied
    So BoatMate is not even close to a Ramlin? I've never had a Ramlin....but my BoatMate is SWEET. I'd say it's more Coke vs. Pepsi....LOL

Leave a comment:

• ffmedic74
    replied
    That's horrible news. No other trailer comes close to a Ramlin!

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    They stopped making trailers several months back. I would definitely have a Ram-Lin if they still made trailers!

Leave a comment:

• ffmedic74
    replied
    Why did you not get a Ramlin trailer???

Leave a comment:

• nyryan2001
    replied
    Love the colors, sharp looking boat

Leave a comment:

• NautiqueJeff
    replied
    I was pulling wires out of connectors like crazy. Never did track it down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X