No announcement yet.

ACME 644 on SV211's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a suggestion on the best place to buy a new prop?

Comment

Check the group buy section for a deal through delta. I get mine from www.boarditup. $350 or less shipped.

Comment

My reworked 380 was so noisy after the rework I decided that I would never spend the money on reworking a prop again. Having been around these boats all my life I am a little more particular than the average boater. When I bought my 95SN I told them it needed a new prop, they test drove it 3 times until I finally went out with them and showed them how to tell... On that boat the center tow bar would vibrate like a tuning fork. Changed the prop and it went away.

The way I figure is at $350 to my door it's really not that expensive to replace instead of repitch (equal to two tankfills). Spending money on repitches/repairs doesn't make as much sense as it used to.
        I guess that all depend on whether you have a good company that can rework a prop. I am in Houston, and exclusivle used Beauman Propellers. They have done an outstanding job, and I think it runs smoother with their reworked prop than a new prop. But then again, they make custom props from scratch for various people, mostly for researchers that are running experiments on how to make more efficient props. I think that gives them an edge, since they see first hand what does and does not help make props better.

Comment

Mikeski - So now years later and it looks like you are still running your 211(for now ) what prop would you say has been the best on your 211?

Comment

Still running the 644, didn't like the ski wake behind the 1234. I also have an 856 as a spare but have not needed it in 6 years (knock on wood). I actually think it may run out better with the 856 but I have stopped tweaking and decided to be happy with the 644. I grabbed the 856 as a high altitude/spare prop when I saw it pop up on sale used from somebody going to one of the big 15" screws for surfing. The 856 is 1/2" shorter pitch which is just about what I need to get my loaded pig up to peak RPM at WOT.

Comment

I know this is an old thread based on the last two posts, Mikeski did you ever run the 856? I love the way the 644 runs at slalom speed but sure seems slow out of the hole and wonder if it lugs too much with surfing. I have had the 856 on and love the hole shot but at my elevation I am running about 4300 RPMs at slalom speed. What is better for my engine? I want to have the boat for a long time.
              2006 SV 211 (Sold)
              97 Sport Nautique (Sold)
              89 PS 190 (Sold)
              05 Fourwinns Horizon 180 (Sold)
              89 Fourwinns 170 Freedom (Sold)
              75 MFG (Sold)

Comment

The best prop for the 211...

Im unique as somebody who surf’s, wakeboards, Waterski’s @ 34, and barefoots. So my demands range from 10-42mph. Unfortunately the ex330 won’t push a loaded 211 over 38mph or so. The best all around prop I’ve found is the 644, I’m still running that prop. My spare is an 856 but I don’t run it as I don’t want to be bouncing off the rev limit while footing. With the 644 I just tell my driver to bury the throttle for footing.

Comment

Thanks Mikeski. Was curious if you had ever had a chance to put your 856 on but it sounds like the 644 is the one for you. I rarely barefoot but usually like to get a few slalom runs in and use the boat much the same as you. One of the lakes I boat on is at 6500’ and it’s the first one I tried the 644 on and it was slow out of the hole. Need to try it at the other lake at 3500 feet and see how much different it is.
                  2006 SV 211 (Sold)
                  97 Sport Nautique (Sold)
                  89 PS 190 (Sold)
                  75 MFG (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MTRBTR View Post
                    Thanks Mikeski. Was curious if you had ever had a chance to put your 856 on but it sounds like the 644 is the one for you. I rarely barefoot but usually like to get a few slalom runs in and use the boat much the same as you. One of the lakes I boat on is at 6500’ and it’s the first one I tried the 644 on and it was slow out of the hole. Need to try it at the other lake at 3500 feet and see how much different it is.
                    My .02

I swapped my 1235 off of my SV211 because the top speed was barely 40mph (from what I remember). We like to ski (and very occasionally Barefoot) as much as we like to wakeboard/surf and the prop wash / rostertail with the 1235 was not fun as skiing speeds (great out of the hole though). Went with acme 537 and its proved to be just good enough for all 3 events. We just use standard factory ballast and have 5 in the boat typically. I have Excal 330 and my top speed is approx. 41-42ish with the 537. Call Acme and get their opinion as well...

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

The 644/645 would have better hole shot than the 536/537 wouldn’t it?
                      2006 SV 211 (Sold)
                      97 Sport Nautique (Sold)
                      89 PS 190 (Sold)
                      75 MFG (Sold)

Comment

I have ran both the 536 and the 644. The 644 has a little better holeshot and better top speed. That 0.25" diameter difference helps it in both areas. I guess if my boat was a little lighter then a 536 might be a better choice but the 644 helps it get a little closer to redline at WOT and utilize the powerband of the engine more effectively.

Comment

Working...
                        X