Looking for amplifier to power 4 Polk in boat speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for amplifier to power 4 Polk in boat speakers

hey all, I am looking for an amp to power 4 in boat polk db651's. They are 60w rms at 4 ohm so I'm thinking that I'm looking for a 4 channel amp pushing at least the speaker capacity. Anyone have a clarion apx 480m lying around that you aren't using? Any other suggestions? There are a few JL and clarion compact amps that push 50w rms at 4 ohm but not sure I want to be "under powering" things. Maybe I wouldn't know the difference.

thanks,

kyle

I got a good deal last spring, around $200, on WS HT4. It is enough to power 4 inside speakers and 4 tower defcon2 speakers. 8 speakers total polks UM.

Comment

You can take a look at my ad in the classifieds. I had the kicker 350.4 driving 4 Polk momo 6.5" and thought it sounded great.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
      2001 Pro Air Nautique
      GT-40, Stargazer, 1200 lbs auto-ballast

Comment

Actually perfect match for the DB 651's

Comment

Under powering them with any external amp would be the last of my worries. A quality amp will deliver good clean power, regardless of the RMS rating. 50W rms is not going to be under powered. Cant hear the difference between 50W and 60W, which is their recommended spec.

A Wet Sounds HTX-4 (or retired HT-4 if you found one) would push then to their potential with head room.

Looking past the fact that the Kicker ZX350.4 is class-A/B, its a great amp and was always a solid performer. Earlier this season, we installed a pair of Icon-8 bridged on a 350.4 in an 06 model boat. Works great and they sound great. Great budget option.

A new Kicker KXM400.2 would also be a great option. Just note, no fade and no option to add a 3rd pair later. 100W rms to each, so plenty of head room, its marine built and class-D.

Comment

I have a 4 channel alpine amp that I just took out of the boat make me an offer.

Sent from my iPad using PLT Nautique

Comment

I added a JL MHX 280/4 to the existing Polk speakers and I added a Wet Sounds Stealth AS-10 sub a 500 watt powered sub, it sounds great.All available at Crutchfields.
              http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum....asp?TID=40414

Comment

I have a Polk PA500.4 that I would let go pretty cheap. Its a 4 channel amp and in very good condition. $50 plus shipping.
                2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Working...
                X