Wanting to buy a gs20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to buy a gs20

New to this board and Nautiques. Previously owned a Chaparral but looks like I’m sold on the nautique line. I’m I’m considering buying new, but would much prefer to get something gently used. Wife and I have only done skiing in the past, but we want to transition to surfing as we are gettIng up there in age. Probably spend most of the time pulling tubers (one kid with special needs) with maybe some basic wakeboarding. Leaning towards a GS20 as it seems to be a jack of all trades. Live in the Houston area but willing to travel is one of you are looking to sell. Thanks for any help and/or advice. Mark

Tough boat to find in normal years, near impossible in covid times. Used may be your best bet as new boat build slots were sold out for most dealers in the late fall. To my knowledge if you're looking for new now you're talking about a 2022 model and a very late summer to fall delivery. Probably the best site to check is onlyinboards.com for new stock and used boats. I did a quick search and found 5 boats available but 3 of them are up hear in Michigan. Of those 3, 2 are new. The used 2017 is listed for $99K which is pretty much nuts IMO but here we are in the spring and with crazy covid pricing.

Just for perspective my buddy priced a new 2019 GS20 in July of 2019 that was sitting on the showroom floor and got what we thought at the time was a great price of $89K for a nicely equipped boat with a trailer. Wish we would have bought 3 of them.....

To be fair specialty cars, RVs or any other personal recreational type vehicles are being priced about the same these days.

Nautique GS20 For Sale | Onlyinboards.com

Comment

If you're tall, you'll want a 2020+. They raised the tower that year. When we started out looking it was for a GS20 and that was the dealbreaker on used boats for us at the time (early 2020).

Comment

Thanks for the responses so far. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I don’t have to worry about height! I’ve been monitoring onlyinboards for a couple of weeks, but haven’t seen anything yet that I think would work. Do you think I would get a better deal for a new boat on a lot versus ordering? How about difference between a gs20 and a 210?

Comment

Looks like I may end up ordering a gs22 this next week. Thought I would put out one more post to see about any upcoming used gs20 or gs22s before I commit.
          also, assuming I do order, any advice? As an example, we are leaning towards white cushions and a black bottom hull and I’m concerned about keeping them clean/looking nice.
          thx,
          Mark

Comment

This was just listed on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18478988521...YAAOSwhahghE~X

Comment

Stevemo, thanks for sharing. I saw it the other day on onlyinboards. I was in the process of negotiating a final price when someone swooped in (maybe an Idaho dealership?) and offered full price which they took without allowing me a chance to match. If the deal falls thru, they may give me another chance. It looks like a nice boat, but scary to buy sight unseen.

Comment

It has a "Best Offer" Button Low ball them and see what they come back with. Even if you win the best offer, its not a binding deal on your end. Anything Sold in eBay Motors is just an introduction, so you can back out at any time if you want.

Comment

Thanks, but like I said, it looks like it is already sold. The seller said they would contact me if something falls thru with the buyer. They seemed very nice and I just need to be more ready to pull the trigger next time assuming another gs20 or gs22 (or possibly a 210 or 230) pops up.

Comment

I have a fully loaded 2019 GS22 coastal with H6 motor if interested. 4072678953. Located in Orlando, fl

Comment

Working...
                    X