WTB - $15k +/- Winter Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - $15k +/- Winter Deal

Looking to find a nice deal on a good family boat for the upcoming summer, would prefer an open bow but will consider closed now options as well. DD or V-drive - we are in Ohio, but will travel for the right boat. $15k is a starting point - will spend more or less depending on the boat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowpromod; 01-09-2018, 09:22 AM.

How many peeps does it need to hold?

Comment

We are a family of 4, but we all know how that goes. We would prefer an open bow - our previous boats have been 98 Supra Comp closed bow, 04 210 SANTE, 06 197TT open bow, and a 15 Sport 200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For $15k I’d try to target a 98-99 Sport/Air. The only v drives you will find for $15k will be early (95-97) super sports and a lot of them have been beat on pretty good. There are more Sport/Air to choose from at that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
        2001 Pro Air Nautique
        GT-40, Stargazer, 1200 lbs auto-ballast

Comment

Thanks for the tip - I might be crazy, but I would actually prefer to find a DD over a V-Drive....

Comment

You’re not crazy. The Sport Nautique was a great boat.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
            2001 Pro Air Nautique
            GT-40, Stargazer, 1200 lbs auto-ballast

Comment

You are not crazy on the direct drive. They handle great, make you feel close to the water, are easy to trailer and maintain and the sport car handling is the best.

I have held on to mine but I am getting older and need to thin the herd. My wife and kid want to keep the 230 and Whaler so I will sell my 2001 Malibu Sunsetter LXI that I purchased new. Its a direct drive with the large trunk. It in great condition and I am picky about maintenance, 550 hours on what has proven to be a great engine - the monsoon, wedge, perfect pass, trailer. The LXI is know as a terrific all around hull. I have a shipper or if you want to pick it up in Florida I will throw in a couple vacations at my lake house 60 miles northeast of Orlando.

Comment

Here are some pictures. I also have plumbed in a ballast bag in the trunk and center ski locker. Fill and drain switches are on the dash.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have 1999 Sport Nautique with OB that I commenced selling back in November but due to some int'l travel in my job had to defer. It has 290 hours. See the attached - I would probably sell a little north of 15K Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2994.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	546380

Comment

This guys boat is super clean low hours and a smoking deal...

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...priced-to-sell

Comment

Are you still looking? We have an 03 Sport 216

Comment

Working...
                      X