This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD - 2000 Sport Nautique - $17.5k OBO

Boat is currently in storage, can show with a couple weeks notice and take out early with cash in hand

Selling my 2000 Sport Nautique to switch over to a V drive. Has the PCM GT40 5.8L fuel injected engine and sits on a single axle Ramlin trailer. This boat is in immaculate shape and turns heads anywhere I take it. It has NEVER seen saltwater, freshwater only. Boat is regularly waxed, and the interior is in pristine condition (very minor tear on engine cover from wakeboard falling). Has less than 400 hours and runs great. The pictures really do speak for themselves; it was chosen as the May cover photo for the annual CorrectCraftFan calendar:
    https://www.zazzle.com/2020_correctc...56662222983592

This boat has a ton of sentimental value to me from all the memories made behind it. From skiing, wakeboarding and wakesurfing behind it, it was the crossover king of it’s day, performing well for everything. The engine has plenty of power to pull whatever you want to tie to the pylon. Would also be interested in trades for a V-drive boat in similar condition with cash added on my end.

History:
    I purchased this boat about 4 years ago from an older gentleman down in North Carolina. He was selling it because he already had a 1970s Ski Nautique that did everything he needed. It was kept on his covered lift on a lake during the season and kept in his garage next to his 2 fully restored 1940s Ford pickup trucks in the offseason (just to put into perspective how meticulous he was about this boat). During my ownership the boat was always stored indoors in the offseason.

Upgrades:
    • Tower speakers and amplifier WILL NOT be included with boat
      • Will come with stock head unit and speakers
    • Fully automated ballast system and tower: https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...-tower-install
      • 800 lb bag in trunk
      • 400 lb bag in ski locker
      • Two plug n play ports on port and starboard side of engine box
    • SteadyPass GPS Speed Control
      • Doesn’t work as well as Perfect Pass, but is a major upgrade compared to controlling speed by hand
      • Developers are constantly coming out with updated firmware
    • ACME 422 prop
      • Replaced stock propeller that had slight vibration over 30mph
    • Standard Faria tachometer to replace stock failure-prone electronic one
    Boat Maintenance Highlights (have separate Excel sheet with ALL maintenance done):
    • Oil changed religiously at the end of every season (Valvoline VR1 and Motorcraft filter)
    • Impeller changed every other season
    • Faulty electronic gauges replaced with standard tachometer and SteadyPass GPS Speed Control
    • Waxed 2-3 times a season
    • Aerospace 303 Protectant applied to seats twice a season
    Trailer Maintenance/Info:
    • Ramlin single axle trailer
    • Brakes were dragging and nonoperational, so drums were removed, and coupler was replaced with a standard one
    • All new tires and bearings summer 2018
    • All lights functional
    • Brand new spare tire/wheel included
    • Winch installed (used less than a handful of times on difficult ramps)
    • New bow stops this past season
    • Bunks will most likely need to be replaced in the next year or two
    Other Extras Included:
    • Two mooring covers (still need to be modified to fit around tower)
    • Main cockpit snap ring cover
    • All original manuals in original Correct Craft bag
    • “Parting the Waters” Correct Craft book (History on Correct Craft and the Meloon family from early 1900s to 2000)
    • Under tower bimini
    • 800lb trunk sack
    • 400lb ski locker sack
    Located in Sanbornville, NH and will be asking $17,000 OBO

Last edited by MLars; 01-09-2020, 10:38 PM.
    2000 Sport Nautique - GT40, Origin Wake Tower, 2700lb Ballast System

Beautiful boat! I’m curious, in addition to the ballast, do you have a wake-shaping device or system? The image of your wake looks as though you’ve shaped it. I have a ‘99 Sport Nautique, and can’t find someone who’s researched and added an automated system, appropriate for that hull. My Mission Delta device works fine with 800 lbs of ballast in the trunk, but I aspire to a system that allows rider transfers at the flip of a switch. I assume your transom is similar or the same as mine, and the change of angle would be challenging for a surf tab to mount, without causing hinges to bind.

Cheers,
    Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
      Beautiful boat! I’m curious, in addition to the ballast, do you have a wake-shaping device or system? The image of your wake looks as though you’ve shaped it. I have a ‘99 Sport Nautique, and can’t find someone who’s researched and added an automated system, appropriate for that hull. My Mission Delta device works fine with 800 lbs of ballast in the trunk, but I aspire to a system that allows rider transfers at the flip of a switch. I assume your transom is similar or the same as mine, and the change of angle would be challenging for a surf tab to mount, without causing hinges to bind.

Cheers,
      Russ
      Thanks Russ, yup I’m using a homemade suck gate on it. I’m not sure if it would be worth it to spend the money on an automated surf system for this hull. It surfs OK but not well enough for me to justify the cost/labor to install an automated system versus upgrading to a different boat (which is my reason for selling this one)

Comment

You should have no trouble selling at $17.5 for a low-hour boat like yours. I would advise you get it on the market and sell it before April. I’d start selling in late January.

By April most folks have their boats bought for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tryathlete View Post
          You should have no trouble selling at $17.5 for a low-hour boat like yours. I would advise you get it on the market and sell it before April. I’d start selling in late January.

By April most folks have their boats bought for the season.

Appreciate the advice. I’m gonna try and get it out as soon as possible, but it all depends on when the snow is cleared from the front of the barn it’s in. I’d prefer not to sell it until I get another boat just so I’m not left boat-less next summer. That’s exactly what I did when I bought this one too. Purchased it in June then sold my old boat soon after.

If anyone has a lead on anything, I’m looking for a late 90s to early 2000s Malibu Sunsetter/Wakesetter VLX

Comment

There’s a super nice super sport on eBay (2004?) with ZR6 and low hours. Buy a new dimensions tower and you will have a massively awesome wake and surf boat. I’m partial as a previous SS owner. The wake is great without ballast. Imagine the possibilities. Sweet colors too.

Comment

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F312868495107

Comment

Just took a look. Nice boat for sure but out of my price range. I'm trying to keep it under $20k if possible. It seems the v-drive Malibu's are closer to my price range versus similar year v-drive Nautiques.

Comment

Yeah that’s a newer boat, with V-Drive and low hours; maybe offer him $20k and see if you win it. You can use a fly hi for a season and add the New Dimensions tower the following year. Off season is the time to snag a nice Boat like this at a discount.

Comment

Yeah that’s a newer boat, with V-Drive and low hours; maybe offer him $20k and see if you win it. You can use a fly hi for a season and add the New Dimensions tower the following year. Off season is the time to snag a nice Boat like this at a discount.

No where to keep it until spring time, snow is already on the ground up north!

Comment

Bump, boat is now officially for sale. Can take out of storage whenever buyer is ready.

Comment

Bump, price drop $17,000 OBO

Comment

Still available?

Comment

MLars Please respond to the inquiry above.

Current Boats —> 2024 Super Air Nautique G23 PARAGON -- 2018 SAN 210 TE -- 2003 Ski Nautique 196 -- 2002 Ski Nautique -- 2001 Ski Nautique -- 2000 Sport Nautique -- 2000 Nautique Super Sport -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1996 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (Twin-Engine, 1 of 13) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (Twin-Engine, 1 of 4) -- 1980 Fish Nautique (Twin-Engine, 1 of 4)
                            Former Boats —> 2023 Super Air Nautique G23 --
                            2022 Super Air Nautique G23 PARAGON -- 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2020 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2018 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2013 Super Air Nautique G232012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2007 Air Nautique SV-211 -- 2005 SV-211 -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2003 Air Nautique 226 -- 2003 Sport Nautique 216 -- 2003 Ski Nautique 196-- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 2001 Ski Nautique --1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1999 Air Tique 176 -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1983 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE, 1 of 4) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
                            NautiqueParts.com - Roswell Marine - Phoenix Trailers - SkiSafe - PCM Marine Engines - PerfectPass - C&S Marine - OJ Propellers - WakeMakers -- Swell Wakesurf

Comment

Sold, sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X